Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Has anyone Installed a RPM counter or tachometre or wtf is called I dont really know XD, I want to but im not sure its possible, I just wanna have better control over my shifting and consume of the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Bruno,

I hope someone does come up with an easy install tachometer for the new Rebels, I would like to have one.....Since the other Hondas using the same engine have tachometers it should be possible.....

Kenny G

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've seen a Rebel 500 on Instagram that had a Aracer Cube G guage on it.

edit: It is on SteadyGarage's IG account
"Used with aRacer ECU Only, Plug & Play, no cut harness necessary" Thats the first line in the description on Steady Garage's website.
So unless there is another way, I'm not positive if it can be used with a stock ECU/Tune.

I thought I saw a post on a Digital Tach, like early on in the "What did you do today" Thread.

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wonder how difficult it is to hookup.

Kenny G
If the company's info is correct, it should just hook up to the diagnostic port under the seat where the gear indicator would go too. Which leads me to wonder how they have both displays hooked up...probably spliced the wires together or something...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tachometer

:laugh:
If the company's info is correct, it should just hook up to the diagnostic port under the seat where the gear indicator would go too. Which leads me to wonder how they have both displays hooked up...probably spliced the wires together or something...

I put a tach. on my Suzuki. It is very easy to hook up electrically.

I got it from RYCA Motors in California. It works with any twin cylinder motor or single if the ignition is a wasted spark type. It is very attractive and not too large for the Honda style/wise.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
:laugh:

I put a tach. on my Suzuki. It is very easy to hook up electrically.

I got it from RYCA Motors in California. It works with any twin cylinder motor or single if the ignition is a wasted spark type. It is very attractive and not too large for the Honda style/wise.
I have the Ryca Tach on my Suzuki S40 and it was just a matter of finding the coil to hookup the reading of RPMs and a wire to the speedometer to hookup the display light.

Kenny G

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the Ryca Tach on my Suzuki S40 and it was just a matter of finding the coil to hookup the reading of RPMs and a wire to the speedometer to hookup the display light.

Kenny G

what year is your s40? I almost picked that over my rebel. How do you like it?

·
Registered
152 Posts
My S40 is a 2103 model.....

The Savages are fun bikes but very maintenance intensive......I have always like big singles, and have almost always had at least one in my garage.

Kenny G
I had an ls s40 2007. I loved the thing. maintenance was getting to be too much of a cost for me so I got the Rebel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've talked to a guy on facebook, he sells some gear indicators on ebay, and I asked him about the tach he told me to use digital, due to the firing order a classic one uses 4 cables and the digital uses 2 witch makes it much easier than a traditional.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Regarding the Suzuki S40. I don't think it is high maintenance. Also, I can do all my own maintenance so no stealership bills. I don't know what dealers charge lately per hour but I do know it is not cheap and you still do not know how good, or conscientious the mechanic will be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts