Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the new project for my town. Chip sealing. Those unfamiliar with chip sealing it is when they put a layer of tar on the road and cover it with large, loose gravel. Looks like I won't be riding till next year.

This is so dangerous for us riders. Keep a look out for loose gravel and stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello and welcome to Utah - they don't do that up here in the valley but honestly the whole state is under construction at any given time.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Assuming you live on one of those streets? Otherwise, I see lots of alternate routes around town.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah, don't stop riding, take another route if there is one

·
Registered
712 Posts
And while you're at it, complain at the next city council meeting and explain the dangers of loose gravel to riders.

They haven't treated roads that way in this area for many, many years... they either patch or repave.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
They do the oil and gravel here too but I just work my way around it. Around here they generally sweep up the loose gravel after a week or so and its ok to ride. Don't give up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live where the red circle is . Hopefully they sweep it up good this time. I already almost slipped today on a part they did two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts