Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
2020 CMX 500s
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, fellow Addicts,

I'm now experiencing the scent of the benzin as never before.
This is very new to me, as I have never ever ridden a motor bike before. But the time has come to make my childhood dream come true, so I've gone to the dealership and bought my Rebel, just before the Covid carataine kicked in.
I still have no license as the National Traffic Authority stopped organizing examinations, so I'm driving illegally. (Of course not. I just say this as it sounds soooo coooool. 馃)
I was looking for the perfect beginner motorcycle, that does more then just get the job done. I wanted something that is stylish, easy to ride, but provides tonns of fun. After viewing thousands of hours of youtube videos, reading overwhelming amount of reviews, and forums, I'm convinced that this is the right machine for me.
I've gone through 4 driver safety courses, following the Japanese technic and getting familiar with this two wheeled death machine.
I'm thinking of starting a youtube chanel, to share, or log my strugles and my joy, the things I'm learning and such. Currenlty I'm on instagram only as the @ultimatenoobrider
Can't wait for the long jurneys, new friendships wows, and all.
Please don't tell it to my mum, she doesn't know about it!

Registered
2019 Rebel 500
Hey, fellow Addicts,

I'm now experiencing the scent of the benzin as never before.
This is very new to me, as I have never ever ridden a motor bike before. But the time has come to make my childhood dream come true, so I've gone to the dealership and bought my Rebel, just before the Covid carataine kicked in.
I still have no license as the National Traffic Authority stopped organizing examinations, so I'm driving illegally. (Of course not. I just say this as it sounds soooo coooool. 馃)
I was looking for the perfect beginner motorcycle, that does more then just get the job done. I wanted something that is stylish, easy to ride, but provides tonns of fun. After viewing thousands of hours of youtube videos, reading overwhelming amount of reviews, and forums, I'm convinced that this is the right machine for me.
I've gone through 4 driver safety courses, following the Japanese technic and getting familiar with this two wheeled death machine.
I'm thinking of starting a youtube chanel, to share, or log my strugles and my joy, the things I'm learning and such. Currenlty I'm on instagram only as the @ultimatenoobrider
Can't wait for the long jurneys, new friendships wows, and all.
Please don't tell it to my mum, she doesn't know about it!

View attachment 31960 View attachment 31961
Welcome!
What saddle bag is that and how do you like it?

Registered
2020 CMX 500s
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome!
What saddle bag is that and how do you like it?
Thank you Edwards!

That is a so called Legend Gear from the sw-motech Gremany.
I'm totally satisfied with the product. It provides pleny of space and a nice looking one. Totally fits the Rebel's style.
You can lock it down at 3 adjustable points, ad it holds thight, that it won't open for sure. It has an easy relase system from its frame, so you can pick it up after the ride, even attach a shoulder belt (sorry, I'm not native English) that makes it very comfy to move around. It comes with a waterproof jacket, but due to the durable material it is made of, it can deal with some rain without it as well. Once I've been cougnt by a hail, that poured me to my bones, but the stuff inside the bag remained dry.

I can't recommend it enough. If you are looking for a saddle bag, it definitely worth to check out.

Registered
2019 Rebel 500
Thank you Edwards!

That is a so called Legend Gear from the sw-motech Gremany.
I'm totally satisfied with the product. It provides pleny of space and a nice looking one. Totally fits the Rebel's style.
You can lock it down at 3 adjustable points, ad it holds thight, that it won't open for sure. It has an easy relase system from its frame, so you can pick it up after the ride, even attach a shoulder belt (sorry, I'm not native English) that makes it very comfy to move around. It comes with a waterproof jacket, but due to the durable material it is made of, it can deal with some rain without it as well. Once I've been cougnt by a hail, that poured me to my bones, but the stuff inside the bag remained dry.

I can't recommend it enough. If you are looking for a saddle bag, it definitely worth to check out.
Thank you! Great write up.

Registered
Hi Vergil!

I鈥檓 new to the Rebel family too! Your bike looks great, I have a 2019 rebel 500abs. Gas tank is matte tan 馃檶馃徏 Hoping to add some things to my bike sometime soon!

happy riding!

motorYogiAZ

Registered
2020 CMX 500s
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Vergil!

I鈥檓 new to the Rebel family too! Your bike looks great, I have a 2019 rebel 500abs. Gas tank is matte tan 馃檶馃徏 Hoping to add some things to my bike sometime soon!

happy riding!

motorYogiAZ
Hey Yogi,

Nice to see you around! :)
I believe more and more new riders are getting engaged to this particular model, as it covers a perfectly spotted niche. (Bull's eye, Honda, nice shot!)
In my country for example, there is not a single used rebel available in the market ever since 2017.
One of the greatest features of the bike is that you can mod it so many different ways, that you can literally make it one of a kind.

I wish I knew any other Rebel owner around personally, to arrange a little get together...
Let me know, once you decide to visit Hungary. 馃槃

1 - 9 of 9 Posts