Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost got hit yesterday, 25mph on a side road, lady pulls out right in front of me. Slammed on both brakes, rear tire slides helping me steer away from said idiot. Almost went right into the side of the car. This happened even with modulating headlight!!
She showed absolutely no indication that she even saw me afterwards even with my head light flashing in her rearview mirror.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I had a similar incident. Fortunately she slammed on her anchors at the last moment and I passed her by with a 6" gap. "Phew!" There was no way I could have stopped in the distance available. Take care, y'all.

·
Registered
193 Posts
At a light and a leady pulled out from a street parking spot one car back, had to go around one car parked, and then went into the space beside me to turn right.
She almost hit me as she got out of the spot, maybe missed by half a foot.
Her window was part way down and I said that maybe she needed more lessons.
I heard something like what is that all about!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ever since I started riding, I've been so much more careful and attentive to bikers while driving. I try as much I can to shelter other riders, and give as much space or heads up as I can.

It's really a combination of bad drivers to start with, plus the fact that the mind plays tricks on you...drivers are looking for other drivers to avoid, the brain filters out everything else. Its also much harder to judge how fast or far away a motorcycle is. But of course, you'll always get drivers that regardless of all the precautions you take to make yourself visible...theyre just oblivious and who knows how they haven't run anyone over yet?!

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 300
21 Posts
When you ride a bike, it's a good idea to assume that every car driver really is out to get you. Sometimes paranoia is just common sense.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts