Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has used Ride On tire sealants or Ameriseal in their new Rebel Tires. Since there are no tubes anymore wondering if I get a new Rebel if I should add this to the tires to prevent flats?

I have used it on my Can-Am Spyder and works great.

Thank you

:smile2:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have used it on my X1800T. I didn’t like it. My bike had a wobble on the interstate after installing it and it scared me pretty good. I had it removed soon after. I won’t say that was the cause because I had rebuilt the forks at the same time. Once removed the wobble was gone but that meant removing and reinstalling the wheels so again not sure what my wobble was.

·
Super Moderator
954 Posts
I think this stuff can prevent and fix tyre punctures but I personally would only trust it as a get me home solution in the event of a puncture.

My last beemer had 19” run flats and my dealer noticed a bottle of similar stuff in my boot, he said if I had gotten a puncture and used this liquid most tyre dealers would not be able to repair/plug the hole and would have to buy a new tyre.
This was only advice I was given. I’m not an expert or done any research on this but it’s a really good question on this thread and I’d also like to see some more feedback from the folks here.

With the bike I just carry a hole plug kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts