Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
looks like they just copied the Corbin style. that slides in the front channel and only attaches with one bolt in the rear fender. Mine fit great, never had a worry that it would move at all.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I am only being practical here; I have no expertise. My view is that it is adequate. That is surely so in straight riding, anyway. In a corner, the force acting on a rider is through the body in line with the spine as the bike pushes onto the rider. There is no sideways force affecting the rider that I am aware of....unless you are coming off the bike, of course, when one fixing or two will make little difference. I had a very slippery surface on my seat at one time and the only slippage was under braking, i.e. forward. Few, if any, on here agreed with me when I said that I wanted to use velcro (it was not possible to do that) for seat fixing, so others may be along shortly to refute the above and 'wise me up'. (PS, I do, however, never quite forget the insurance company which may take against some mods). All IMHO, of course.

·
Registered
334 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I saw it mentions it, but also says below the mentions are just mentions, the exact fit is just for sporsters.

I might take this for the seat, bracket and springs and have someone manufacture me a lower custom plate. You saw, the rebel has that bent seat, the bottom plate should match and work it's way up the fender a bit to cover it all as the seat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a similar seat- was supposed to be Motozaaa but was sent a Motolordd one, which I'm pretty sure is the same thing. Yes it holds fine.

However, the padding for me sucks. I took it to a nice local guy known for doing great work with seats and added softer padding, but it's still not quite right. I'm keeping it, but am going to do some research on my own padding and take it back to him.

·
Registered
334 Posts
FWIW, I am not convinced that 'soft' is the answer. I have added some fairly firm foam but at least 30mm of it. I am convinced that the 'sit' bones are what the seat should primarily address.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts