Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Rebel 500 S
37 Posts
Hey! Pogyboy11, see you got the V&H muffler. It's really nice but I want some leather bags so I needed a lower muffler. I've ordered the stupidly priced TERMIGNONI BLACK STAINLESS STEEL SILENCER hope I've done the right thing. You have the headlight cowel. I have the 2020 Rebel S which has the extras although I only paid the same price as a standard Rebel. In the UK the 'S' model costs £400 more but on Honda's accessories website the extras are £340. So anyone out there, choose a standard Rebel and choice of colour, buy the extras and save yourself £60 in the process!
60 pounds for the "fitment labour" is cheap.

·
Registered
248 Posts
OMG!
So glad you got that "sticker" off.
Wouldn't want anyone to know you ride a Honda - right!
Would not have a problem if you left it on like I did!

·
Registered
2020 Rebel 500 S
37 Posts
OMG!
So glad you got that "sticker" off.
Wouldn't want anyone to know you ride a Honda - right!
Would not have a problem if you left it on like I did!
Do you know his circumstances? The stickers might have become all scratched up after a fall, or the sun bleached them, or his dog ate them! He might even want to repaint the entire tank! It prob would have been better if you asked him why, before you decided to ridicule him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I think I made a huge mistake today.....
What can be done to fix this? have I messed up the matte finish? View attachment 31799
I just did the same thing! I knew the matte finish was on top of the stickers, but I wasn't expecting to find a clear coat underneath! Anyone have a recommendation for a matte clear coat? Can you get just the matte clear coat from Honda?

·
Registered
2019 500 Rebel
52 Posts
I removed the fuel sticker then gave it a good clean with metho or mineral turps and came up good. Haven't removed the the honda emblems but if under the fuel one is the same as the honda emblems try a good clean...

·
Registered
2020 Rebel 500 SE
23 Posts
Removed fuel and information stickers just by pilling them (moto was park in the sun for a while). Just a spray of WD40 to remove glue and that was it, no problems. Will not remove Honda Logo on the tank, I will probably cover them with custom stickers.

·
Registered
Rebel 1100 DCT 2021, Can Am Spyder F3-S 2017
143 Posts
Yep that was a mistake. The warning stickers on the gas tank shouldn't be removed either. I made the mistake of doing that although its not as bad as what you did there.
why? I heated them up and pulled them off... no problems at all. I'll leave the Honda though, not sure why I'd want that one off.

·
Registered
18 Posts
why? I heated them up and pulled them off... no problems at all. I'll leave the Honda though, not sure why I'd want that one off.
Well I just peeled them off. Then the sticky residue was left so I slowly rubbed it off with some rubbing alcohol and a rag. It got the residue off but you can still see the outline were the stickers were from some angles.

·
Registered
2021 Rebel 500
294 Posts
I do not have the best eyesight, but from the photo, it appears that the adhesive remains. Use some WD40, a soft cloth, and some elbow grease to remove them. I took the warning labels off my white tank with ease.

I am thinking of removing all the brand labeling myself. I personally do not feel that Honda, Jeep, Oakley, and the others should get free advertising at my expense. My purchased items belong to me, so I do not favor brand names all over them.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts