Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think I made a huge mistake today.....
What can be done to fix this? have I messed up the matte finish?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think it was a bit cheap for honda to put stickers on. I had a 750cc Shadow in 2008 and all lines and decals were coachbuilt into the finish. Ok, the marks left are not damage to your paintwork but the adhesive residue from the stickers. There should be some of this adhesive still on the stickers. Your job, should you wish to procede (sound of the Mission Impossibe music) is to test a solvent on the adhesive on the stickers and at the same time not harm your paintwork. Use said solvent in a discreet area on your bike. My opinion, anyway! Good Luck!

·
Registered
2019 500 Rebel
52 Posts
I used mineral trips to clean mine but it left a slight mark that after waxing was nearly gone...

·
Registered
6 Posts
All the others have clear coat under the stickers but the matte black has it on the stickers so no matter how you clean it will still show where the stickers were before.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey! Pogyboy11, see you got the V&H muffler. It's really nice but I want some leather bags so I needed a lower muffler. I've ordered the stupidly priced TERMIGNONI BLACK STAINLESS STEEL SILENCER hope I've done the right thing. You have the headlight cowel. I have the 2020 Rebel S which has the extras although I only paid the same price as a standard Rebel. In the UK the 'S' model costs £400 more but on Honda's accessories website the extras are £340. So anyone out there, choose a standard Rebel and choice of colour, buy the extras and save yourself £60 in the process!

·
Registered
290 Posts
You could use glaze compound and hand rub the whole tank That would remove all of the clear. Don’t like the new look? You could re spray the matt finish. A lot of labor but it does look better de badged. I have the gray paint on mine and experimented under the brick. I haven’t built up the courage to do the tank.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hey! Pogyboy11, see you got the V&H muffler. It's really nice but I want some leather bags so I needed a lower muffler. I've ordered the stupidly priced TERMIGNONI BLACK STAINLESS STEEL SILENCER hope I've done the right thing. You have the headlight cowel. I have the 2020 Rebel S which has the extras although I only paid the same price as a standard Rebel. In the UK the 'S' model costs £400 more but on Honda's accessories website the extras are £340. So anyone out there, choose a standard Rebel and choice of colour, buy the extras and save yourself £60 in the process!
I already sold that Vance and Hines exhaust . It sounds really great l liked 5he low end growl it makes but I’m having headaches on long rides in the canyons. I guess the sound bounces back lol. I’m tired of using earplugs so I sold it and went back to stock lol. Maybe it’s my age( mid 50‘s lol ) you got lucky to get the s for the price of the standard model. I haven’t seen/ heard that termignoni e haunt. Maybe you would like to do us all a favor and post pics and sound clip when it’s installed. Thanks again . Ride safe and be covid safe too 👍

·
Registered
2020 Rebel 500 S
37 Posts
Yes. The clear coat is ON the stickers.
Cut and polish will fix it. Use the course grade first (USING LIGHT PRESSURE) then follow up with the fine grade. Would be better with a powered polishing tool if you have one. Maybe try brasso.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts