Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a no tools removable windshield for the 1100 DCT. I do not plan on doing a lot of highway riding so would like to get a low windshield that I can easily remove and install with no tools. Also would like the mounting bracket to integrate nicely with the bike so it’s not really noticeable. any suggestions / photos?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Memphis Shades makes a model for the Rebel 1100. I have a Puig but I leave it on all the time. I can take if off with a 5mm hex wrench in about 30 seconds and about the same for re-installation.

This Memphis Shade one seems to be a good deal for $249. Madstadt may have one for the Rebel 1100.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I found out yesterday that Madstad now has one. They had been working on an 1100 version for a while. Their website shows pictures that they have their tilt/lower/raise version for the 1100 now. It says it can also be easily removed with no tools. Not sure what stays on the bike. I used one of their adjustable shields on my FZ-09 and really found it nice to adjust the height and tilt for different riding weather or desires for wind flow. I left the standard one on winter and summer even though I had a fly screen that attached to their mounts.

I plan to buy one soon but sent them an email tonight asking if other screen shapes were recommended for their 1100 brackets.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you take some photos of the bracketed without the windshield too?
Cool. I ordered a Puig Aluminum Frontal Plate in black for aesthetics (to hide some of wiring near the headlight and that goofy gauge spoiler and maybe some incremental wind help with on highways. Will share photos when that arrives. Will be interested to see if I have to remove it to install the windshield. Most likely will.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found out yesterday that Madstad now has one. They had been working on an 1100 version for a while. Their website shows pictures that they have their tilt/lower/raise version for the 1100 now. It says it can also be easily removed with no tools. Not sure what stays on the bike. I used one of their adjustable shields on my FZ-09 and really found it nice to adjust the height and tilt for different riding weather or desires for wind flow. I left the standard one on winter and summer even though I had a fly screen that attached to their mounts.

I plan to buy one soon but sent them an email tonight asking if other screen shapes were recommended for their 1100 brackets.
it is more of a sail than a windshield

·
Registered
4 Posts
Memphis Shades makes a model for the Rebel 1100. I have a Puig but I leave it on all the time. I can take if off with a 5mm hex wrench in about 30 seconds and about the same for re-installation.

This Memphis Shade one seems to be a good deal for $249. Madstadt may have one for the Rebel 1100.
go to 'life of burch' on youtube. he just reviewed the Memphis Shade screens.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
it is more of a sail than a windshield
I plan to do a lot more sailing so that windshield may be just what I need. Madstad mounts have thumb screws you loosen and can raise or lower the shield and you can also "tilt" which is pretty rare with windshield brackets. Some adjustments can be done even while riding. I know a big sail is nice when it's 45 degrees and tilt for more air flow when it is 100 degrees. They also offer different shaped screens that they will drill the mounting holes needed for the 1100 brackets. I will know more after it arrives.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts