Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can anyone post a photo of what wire colors go to the rectifier under the seat on the 300? The plug that is connected to the rectifier under the seal was not correctly installed (or interfered with). The bike is not charging and I removed the the plug to inspect , and all the wires came out. All I need to know are which colors the three wires from the stator are and to which terminals they connect to on the rectifier ( it has five connectors) and then which two terminals go to the ground and the battery with the DC charging power

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks u/JimInOz but The wiring is different on the CMX300. I accidently bought the service manual for a CMX500 and they're not the same when it comes to the rectifier. The Stator has 3 wires going to the recifier colored Black, Black/White, Black/Blue. The CMX500 manual says all three are yellow.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Sorry, but there was some serious bodgery involved, the whole connector missing, will see tomorrow if I could be of any help with picture (OK, It's 500, but I thing wiring should be identical, at least rectifiers should have same connectors pattern?)

·
Registered
306 Posts
OK, here's picture I snapped today. Probably 300 there is not much different, but anyhow, someone with 300 should verify this. And with such a mess you have there with harness, you should measure resistance between all three phases on stator and voltage as well. I wouldn't be surprised if you have burnt stator coils there...

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thanks u/JimInOz but The wiring is different on the CMX300. I accidently bought the service manual for a CMX500 and they're not the same when it comes to the rectifier. The Stator has 3 wires going to the recifier colored Black, Black/White, Black/Blue. The CMX500 manual says all three are yellow.
"The wiring is different on the CMX300."

The wiring is different on your CMX300.

It looks like some idiot did an amateur fender removal/bobber job on your bike and had to do some "re-wiring".

Honda has maintained a fairly consistent wiring colour code for some years now and the three yellow off the alternator are pretty standard across all models.

If you don't have the electrical skills to trouble shoot the problem you should take it to a repair shop.

If you do have the skills. let me know and I can help with diagnostics from the manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The wiring is actually different!! They did use the traditional Yellow power wires but they were eventually switch. I have the correct service manual now. The rectifier is broken and isnt reading right. If anyone needs CMX300 manual pictures let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Good result!
It's rather confusing when Honda changes the colour of a wire half way.

As Rupert noted, it's important to check your alternator which is fairly easy if you have a multimeter.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok we got a new rectifier today. Two connectors on the top and three on the bottom. I don’t want to assume that the two on the top are the charging voltage coming out, and the three on the bottom are the alternator in. Can anyone confirm before we connect?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, update. A dealer in Queens NY was kind enough to send me the pic I needed by mms. I installed the new rectifier, and we are now in business. Misssion accomplished. The bike is running perfectly. I knew I was right😀

1 - 20 of 25 Posts