Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Very next ride was kinda epic>:), this time I was alone, heading Italy to very first edges of Dolomites and climbed to Staller sattel in Austrian- Italian border. It is small alpine road- pass, which climbs over 2000 metres above sea level, so I think, that this Rebel was first (or one of first) which climbs over 2000metres.
On the way back I climbed to Monte Zoncolan...All in all made 480kilometres withoutany problem, ok seat is not as comfortable as it is on Virago 250, but it proves, that I could manage rides longer than 500kms per day...

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks spectacular ^^, Would have loved to ride there.
and will be more:wink2:
Next? Me and wifey, local trip, just to Soča valley with our famous alpine road to Mangrt (by the way, the highest road in Slovenia, in summertime is toll road)...surprise... snow on road, it was impossible reach summit

last foto? First malfunction- left running light just quit working:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:surprise:from friday to next saturday scored 1700kilometres
...yesterday, lago Misurina, Italy...

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From Sunday till Tuesday, wifey and me on "epic":laugh:ride Adriatic scenic road, in our language called "Jadranska magistrala", made more than 1400kms, motorcycles worked like champs, Rebel seems to be pretty comfortable even for my 185cm height.

Only issue so far, bike starting developing some shimmy (wobling?), I think this is issue more with tire wear, all in all till today I already scored 7500kms, so front tire maybe develope some strange wear pattern and here we go:frown2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I have read that some are complaining about the stock tires that the bike comes with, since it ain't exactly top of the line brand or quality. Not that one would expect top notch tires on a "cheap" bike, not saying that, but that they are more cheapish than you would expect however.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine habit till now:|... every new bike (even Tomos moped!), first ride is to our highest road- Vršič pass. This was true till li'l Rebel came in house. Right now it looks that this was last ride this season.
This road became "famous" during first world war, it was built with Russian war prisoners and it was very busy supply road back then and there was many casaulties during building time...

One more word about shimmy mentioned above... when bike was unloaded of all travelling stuff, shimmy 's gone, now, go figure (and didn't have even 20kilos in bags on tour:surprise:)

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And from Cortina is not far to many passes; my choice for this roadie were passo Falzarego and passo Valparola, and you know what? Heated grips? Priceless:laugh:
And sand on road surface? Not so much. Since I expected it, it was no biggie, only few minor front tire slips:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yesterday, again little ride in my 'bourhood:smile2: this time round trip Vrsic pass, Nassfeld and Korensko sedlo (pass- Austrian- Slovenian border); was caught by rain:surprise:- for the first time with Rebel:grin2:
In Vrsic pass met some Belgian oldtimers, looks they have some kind of rally there...

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And in Nassfeld pass, we started run with rain and first time it caught me near Villach, and second, almost at home and that was really good shower:grin2:
And it looks that phone and it's camera will crap on me:frown2:, it looks we are in due for new phone:(

Attachments

1 - 20 of 125 Posts