Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a rebel 500 and compared to bikes such as a road king or bmw rt/gs, it definitely is on the smaller side.

Do you think the rebel 300/500/1100 is visible to motorists compared to a bigger bike? Or do you guys think that if you are on any bike it is still too small to be as visible as a car?

· Registered
728 Posts
you can ride with yer hair on fire and yer butt ketchin fire, and still not be seen

· Registered
728 Posts
An it helps if yer NEKKID :devilish:

• Haha
Reactions: sonwon

· Registered
36 Posts
The 1st & 2nd generation Rebels are even smaller. I've been run off the road by unobservant drivers on more than one occasion.
Since then I've added many additional LED lights & LED strobes for when they don't seem to see me. Only once after these have been there has someone even cut me off.
You can get them in the smoked lens, that way they are virtually unseen until you turn them on.
Better to be seen than not seen!

· Registered
417 Posts
You don't realize how much drivers rely on their hearing until you ride an e-bike. You can't be riding directly beside somebody or even think they realize you're there. I've had more close calls in the few years riding the Zero than on all other bikes over the past 40 years combined.

· Registered
1,309 Posts
An it helps if yer NEKKID :devilish:

maybe sometimes a nekkid rider (if female) could put a car driver in the "nice bod" mood and they won't pull out. I suspect old riders naked will be more like "oh my god" and spook the car drive into hitting the gas pedal. Some things just can't be UNSEEN... no mater how fast you run....

· Registered
18 Posts
Going from a 250 rebel to the 1100 myself, it’s honestly the difference between pony and horse. Noticeably larger and I believe it’s quite visible to anyone attentive but as others have said, irrelevant, people in cars don’t see any motorcycles.

· Registered
65 Posts
I actually had someone rear end me on a clear, sunny spring day while riding my Rebel. Fortunately the speed differential was only about 5 mph and I managed to keep the bike upright. I got off the highway at the next exit and the individual got off behind me. When he approached me he apologized profusely and said "I just didn't see you". He was driving a Toyota Corrola with a bumper low enough that he hit my rear tire and bent the license plate holder (no other damage), so it wasnt A large vehicle where I might have been hidden from view. He was just zoned out and saw nothing but cars.

As others have said, approach every vehicle assuming the drive doesn't see you.

· Registered
'21 Rebel 1100, '15 CTX 700
285 Posts
It's a complex subject. I have a friend that's been rear ended Twice in his full sized pickup truck. All we can do is try to be seen. I avoid black, my helmet is white and my jacket is high viz yellow. This thread reminds me that I still need to add some yellow reflective tape on the rear of my new side cases.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts