Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took part in a day-long advanced riding course, focusing on riding techniques for curved roads.

We learned some basics like correct riding position, along with some basic physics of bike, road and how to handle curves. The practical part of the course involved riding in groups of 3 behind an instructor on a 3km strip of road (going up and then back down, so about 6-7km overall). Each time, one of us rode close behind the instructor, and had to mimic the instructor as he attacked each curve and turn in the road.

After warming up and finding my confidence, I actually attacked some curves at around 70kph (and sometimes a bit more), and had no problem leaning into curves with the bike in a pretty solid angle.

Still amazed at how agile the Rebel is. Even with stock tires, I found it very easy to find my balance and grip, and at 4th gear I had enough power to exit the curve and accelerate towards the next one without faffing with gear changes.

All in all, a very awesome experience that made me smile a lot, and left me proud of owning such a fantastic little devil (err.. Rebel).

Credit for photos goes to ProRiding Israel. Original album can be found here - https://www.facebook.com/proriding227road/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1600656703320750

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
That looks awesome! I wish there was a course like that near me. I can’t find anything other than a couple of the MSF courses offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts