Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I really want to take this fender off... bike looks so much better without it. Not really sure where to start. I would be forever grateful if someone could give step by step instructions or a video *cross fingers*. If anybody has done this, guidance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok I really want to take this fender off... bike looks so much better without it. Not really sure where to start. I would be forever grateful if someone could give step by step instructions or a video *cross fingers*. If anybody has done this, guidance would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE

I have neither step by step, nor a video. But i did give the bike a look, and you can see where the brackets to hold the fender attach to the bike. if you take off the four bolts that hold on the rear fender, you can easily remove the whole fender, leaving just the brackets it attaches to. should be easy to get the bracket off from there.

I haven't removed the fender, but i have attached the rear cargo carrier to my bike, which means i've had to remove the four bolts that hold the fender to the bracket, and that's how i know the fender itself is very easy to remove.

·
Super Moderator
979 Posts
Ok I really want to take this fender off... bike looks so much better without it. Not really sure where to start. I would be forever grateful if someone could give step by step instructions or a video *cross fingers*. If anybody has done this, guidance would be greatly appreciated.

I tagged a disassembly diagram to a post before, not sure who it was, do you want it.
It's very very easy to take off!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Is it legal where you are to have the license plate in front of the rear tire like that?

Doesn't seem like it'd be visible to a cop behind you in their cruiser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ehhhhhh, not really.... Still working on the license plate mounting. Passed a cruiser this morning and didn't get lit up. I will be raising the license plate some time this week but need to fab some mountings.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That looks amazing though, I'm interested to see how you get the plate mounting all setup though because I feel like that could make or break the way the rear end looks completely!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks awesome my brother. I'm glad you did it. Not to many people around the world have done this.

So how did you get your seat to stay? That was my hardest thing to tackle.
I've already gotten a couple of compliments on the road in the two days I've been riding. The seat was difficult as you can only get one of the allen key bolts to fit into that plate the seats rests on. Im sure if you try hard enough you can get both in there. So far the seat seems solid and functional.

I don't see how its possible to keep the stock exhaust after making this modification, but I have seen someone on instagram who was able to do so....not sure how. I wanted to get rid of that exhaust anyway and love my *relatively* loud bobber. Gets a lot of attention around town and girls seem to really like it :wink2:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Its not illegal in Ohio. I've passed 8 cops in different cities
Just because you haven't been stopped for it (yet) doesn't mean it's not illegal.

Ohio statute 4501:2-1-13 says it "shall" be displayed "in plain view."
I'm telling you its not. Everything is up to the cops discretion. If an officer has bad vision the case for it not being visible still holds? What I'm getting at is its relative. Its hard to make a plate not visible unless its covered up completely. I win. Its not illegal in ohio.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Straight from amazon. Just type in motorcycle led strip tail light. I've had it on for about 2 months now and it still works great.. Very cheap and would recommend.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Straight from amazon. Just type in motorcycle led strip tail light. I've had it on for about 2 months now and it still works great.. Very cheap and would recommend.

Thanks! Bike looks awesome and I've been wanting to do the same but was waiting for a kit. Guess I'll just do it myself, how hard was it to wire up?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know you can get a kit from Thailand with the short fender and integrated tail light but it's much more expensive. Very easy to wire up. Just cut 3 wires that head to your current "brick" light, then you can use "lever lock" connectors, or T-taps, or **** I just used electrical tap and connector the hot wire and the ground. If you want turn signals its just two more wires you'll have to connect.

Overall difficulty wiring is a 3/10, but taking off the rear fender assembly itself is probably a 7/10.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts