Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
959 Posts
I think the issue is that, since this is a combination driver/passenger seat, the (bad) assumption is that you already have a passenger seat on your bike, along with the hardware required to install it... so it does not come with that mounting hardware.

As this seat installs via the front tab (same as OEM) and mounts with hardware where the OEM passenger seat mounts, if you do not already have the OEM passenger seat (and hardware), you will not be able to install the seat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Correct!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Alright thanks !

I want to order this seat but was just waiting for Kenny G's confusion to clear up.

I already have the passenger seat and its mount with me.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Another week has gone by and HRP is still stalling me on getting a bracket to mount the seat on my Rebel.

The more that I look at the under side of the HRP seat the more I become concerned about the safety aspects of a seat made from .060 hand laid up fiberglass (1/16" is .062). The tab which was cut loose from the seat pan with a utility knife is very flexible and I wonder what happens when you hit bump in the road that makes the bike bounce.

My original concern was the single bolt attachment at the rear of the seat, and I asked HRP on Facebook numerous times for a picture of the underside of the seat and Tomer kept stalling me, now I know why. Had I been patient enough to wait for the picture, instead of grabbing the sale price, the seat would still be in Israel or Thailand.

How will PayPal react to "Shipment Incomplete"?

Kenny G

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
That's a shame Kenny G...
I understand very well your concern about the seat being a safety issue. I wouldn't feel safe while sitting on something like that. We are exposed and at enough risk when riding a bike, than needing to add to that with a seat that might not stay in place.
Hope it all sorts itself out for you Kenny, sadly I can not be of help in regards of PayPal.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Another week has gone by and HRP is still stalling me on getting a bracket to mount the seat on my Rebel.

The more that I look at the under side of the HRP seat the more I become concerned about the safety aspects of a seat made from .060 hand laid up fiberglass (1/16" is .062). The tab which was cut loose from the seat pan with a utility knife is very flexible and I wonder what happens when you hit bump in the road that makes the bike bounce.

My original concern was the single bolt attachment at the rear of the seat, and I asked HRP on Facebook numerous times for a picture of the underside of the seat and Tomer kept stalling me, now I know why. Had I been patient enough to wait for the picture, instead of grabbing the sale price, the seat would still be in Israel or Thailand.

How will PayPal react to "Shipment Incomplete"?

Kenny G

I think you may be over thinking this a bit. A seat does not require crazy overbuilt mounting. They make seats that actually suction cup on. The seat isn't going to fall off the bike.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have a short detractor on the forum who will contradict anything I post affecting a supplier. I have long since blocked him and with him being ignored I know longer have to read what he says.

Here is what I have to say to the rest of the forum about the HRP seat: the money for the seat was refunded in it's entirety including the freight.

This case is closed.

Kenny G

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I have a short detractor on the forum who will contradict anything I post affecting a supplier. I have long since blocked him and with him being ignored I know longer have to read what he says.

Here is what I have to say to the rest of the forum about the HRP seat: the money for the seat was refunded in it's entirety including the freight.

This case is closed.

Kenny G
Sorry you had To go through that, but by doing you're helping us from going through what you worth through. Thanks Kenny

·
Registered
199 Posts
Bumped into this thread while searching for something else entirely. @Kenny, sorry to hear you had such a crappy experience with HRP. For anyone else thinking about ordering from them, it looks like they're basically reselling stuff from Thailand that's mostly available online, and their prices are a bit exaggerated.

However, if anyone needs any local assistance after ordering from them, I'm happy to help - Their store is not too far from where I live, and I'm happy to drop by and nudge things on your behalf - Just send me a private message.

·
Banned
247 Posts
Corbin made a new one (using my motorcycle as their model)
Man, I hate the price, but I'll be honest... thus far I havent found any replacement seats that look this good (imo) not that have the color customization options. After I actually get out and ride some I think I might invest in a Corbin. I'm about 275lbs and 6ft and I was even told by the salesman and their service guy that I will probably get sick of the factory seat pretty quickly. Does anyone know if this would require any frabe modifications? It doesn't look like it would but the last thing I want to do is start messing with the frame.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Man, I hate the price, but I'll be honest... thus far I havent found any replacement seats that look this good (imo) not that have the color customization options. After I actually get out and rid3e some I think I might invest in a Corbin. I'm about 275lbs and 6ft and I was even told by the salesman and their service guy that I will probably get sick of the factory seat pretty quickly. Does anyone know if this would require any frabe modifications? It doesn't look like it would but the last thing I want to do is start messing with the frame.
It's "plug and play", no worries.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Man, I hate the price, but I'll be honest... thus far I havent found any replacement seats that look this good (imo) not that have the color customization options. After I actually get out and ride some I think I might invest in a Corbin. I'm about 275lbs and 6ft and I was even told by the salesman and their service guy that I will probably get sick of the factory seat pretty quickly. Does anyone know if this would require any frabe modifications? It doesn't look like it would but the last thing I want to do is start messing with the frame.
It may be a bit pricey but it is worth every penny. It's best to get your order in before the season starts as the wait will be shorter.

Also, remove the bolt on the fender and the Corbin slips right in. Five minutes tops.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Guys,
Long time no see...err post :)

I wasn't sure exactly where to put this so I tacked it onto the end of this thread.

Has anyone got an old OEM seat that they have replaced and no longer need? I'm looking to buy one so I can experiment with re-upholstering it but still have my original available just in case...

I'm in Australia but if it is easier for shipping I have family in the US and Canada should a seat be available over there.

Let me know and how much you might be asking for it and we'll see if we can work something out.

Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
... and another plus for the Corbin seat. My Rebel 500 was used as their mock-up and I was the recipient of this awesome seat when I bought the bike. Only thing I did was remove the lollipop back rest for pillion as I'll never take a passenger so will never need it. While I haven't ridden a ton of miles like so many others on this site (new rider, BTW), I have put about 1000 miles in the seat. My longest ride has been about 100 or so miles and while others need to stop to stretch, I usually don't. No soreness or post-ride aches in nether places which, for me, is a good thing. Unfortunately, Fletch, I didn't get the OEM seat when I bought the bike a few months ago. I did ask but it went to the place that lost things go ...

Mary Pozzi

·
Registered
72 Posts
I should also update this thread a bit too. I had a wonderful experience purchasing my Super Comfort seat from HRP and I'm very happy with the seat! It is very comfortable for me and my passenger says its 1000x more comfortable for her.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts