·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
199 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Now back to topic. @joelo , pics of it on you rebel? . So you left the baffle in place and just removed the fiber mat ? Thanks. I did this mod a while ago as what another member had suggested but I removed the thing inside where the fiber mat if rolled up. I did not place it back. I don’t like the sound. And it lost some ommmph in the mountains.thanks .
Hi mate...as per pics will do tomorrow sorry having go pro problem...with the muffler i just removed end cap..cut muffler back with out opening it....left the fiberglass in as it deadens the sound so it's not tinnie sounding...also this leaves one or two baffles in ..and removes short 30mm baffle pipes...Was scared to remove the lot as I saw YouTube video and it sounds like a big can...as for power...a bit better...1s to 3rd noticeable...

·
Registered
356 Posts
That looks outstanding... somehow more proportional than stock if I'm honest, and it doesn't look out of place. Well done 👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Cheers mate....had the same feeling this should be the stock look....chuncky look (y)...will do vid for sound in next day or two...makes it even better....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This weekend.....mirror flip...parts cost 20 bucks...can make this bike look very cool for under 100 bucks....mirror flip brackets,bargrips billet,bar ends and brake fluid cap billet..:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
hi mate ..... will take vid today and post it ..... love the sound ... just the right sound , especially when compression braking .... going to take vid now ... chat soon mate ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all just did an exhaust mod on my honda rebel 500........so easy
step1 remove muffler
step2 remove end cap....drill out spot welds with 6mm bit...tap off with timber block,cloth and hammer
step3 cut 120mm max of muffler with grinder...this will leave last baffle in place ...important for best sound
step4 re fit muffler ...loose
step5 re fit end cap for position /alignment
step6 remove muffler...tap end cap on with rubber mallet and cloth....drill out holes in cap to muffler end
step7 rivet end cap on
step8 re install muffler....tighten and clean....
step9 FIRE IT UP..........

BY FAR THE BEST SOUNDING REBEL 500
BETTER THAN ANY SLIP-ON SOUND
SHORTER STOUT MUFFLER LOOKS SO PERFECT
DEEP LOUDISH.... GRUMBLES AND POPS

·
Registered
2 Posts
I completed your Mod and pleased with the results. Prefect tone and note to others, police do not carry any sound level meter. Ride and enjoy your ride, watch out for drivers who can not see or hear you.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts