Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just did an exhaust mod on my honda rebel 500........so easy
step1 remove muffler
step2 remove end cap....drill out spot welds with 6mm bit...tap off with timber block,cloth and hammer
step3 cut 120mm max of muffler with grinder...this will leave last baffle in place ...important for best sound
step4 re fit muffler ...loose
step5 re fit end cap for position /alignment
step6 remove muffler...tap end cap on with rubber mallet and cloth....drill out holes in cap to muffler end
step7 rivet end cap on
step8 re install muffler....tighten and clean....
step9 FIRE IT UP..........

BY FAR THE BEST SOUNDING REBEL 500
BETTER THAN ANY SLIP-ON SOUND
SHORTER STOUT MUFFLER LOOKS SO PERFECT
DEEP LOUDISH.... GRUMBLES AND POPS

·
Registered
840 Posts
You forgot step 10 - pay the fine for having a modified exhaust and step 11 - try to find a stock muffler.

The police were out in full force this weekend along PCH pulling over and ticketing mc's with loud exhausts.

·
Registered
356 Posts
You forgot step 10 - pay the fine for having a modified exhaust and step 11 - try to find a stock muffler.

The police were out in full force this weekend along PCH pulling over and ticketing mc's with loud exhausts.
😂😂😂😂

You're not wrong...cops have long left MCs alone here. I'm not talking about douchebags popping wheelies acting reckless etc; just good ol' Joe Blow puttering around with a loud slip on. Not anymore...and I'm waiting my turn. They're cracking down hard in what they call operation #noisemaker. Even Harley's have been on the hook lately 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
😂😂😂😂

You're not wrong...cops have long left MCs alone here. I'm not talking about douchebags popping wheelies acting reckless etc; just good ol' Joe Blow puttering around with a loud slip on. Not anymore...and I'm waiting my turn. They're cracking down hard in what they call operation #noisemaker. Even Harley's have been on the hook lately 🤷🏻‍♂️
It's not stupid loud...and looks almost stock...I live in Australia mate....cops are not like US cops...living the dream here... cops are cool here ...they don't care about petty ****...US cop are taking away your right to be a man....

·
Registered
840 Posts
The police are mostly reacting to the general public complaining about pipe noise from both mc's and cars.

Reactions: SC48

·
Registered
442 Posts
its Only in PCH. At least for now. It’s also a fix it ticket . Been to bigbear , lots Of cops , they don’t care.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The police are mostly reacting to the general public complaining about pipe noise from both mc's and cars.
Yeah that's exactly it.

@joelo ... I'm Canadian dude lol....in the most boring city on the planet, all good.

I'm with you on the mod...end of the day it's all about the experience you want to create on and for your own bike. If it makes you happy, doesn't cost a dime, why not 💪💪👍

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope nobody spent large amounts of money on slip on.. stands out like dogs balls...and you know cops like balls....haha... this mod is discreet.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sorry guys .....not racist at all , just a reference to in-just police behavior ...black lives matter....us Australians have a seance of humor you just do not get......sorry if you took it the wrong way....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you guy need a exhaust split-er with a solenoid frog flap as to divert your exhaust via a sound reducing baffle , with hidden switch. for those occasional pull overs or late night returns ..very doable ...had this set up on a 350 chevy so cool

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
I have removed a post on this thread that refers to ethnic origin, please be a little more sensitive especially at times like this.
This forum is not for comments/posts on whether a certain race should do time in prison.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have removed a post on this thread that refers to ethnic origin, please be a little more sensitive especially at times like this.
This forum is not for comments/posts on whether a certain race should do time in prison.
Not suggesting anyone should do prison time...really mate..don't blow things up...talk bikes bud...happy for you to remove it...:):)

·
Super Moderator
1,295 Posts
sorry guys .....not racist at all , just a reference to in-just police behavior ...black lives matter....us Australians have a seance of humor you just do not get......sorry if you took it the wrong way....
we get it, it's just not funny mate

·
Registered
442 Posts
Now back to topic. @joelo , pics of it on you rebel? . So you left the baffle in place and just removed the fiber mat ? Thanks. I did this mod a while ago as what another member had suggested but I removed the thing inside where the fiber mat if rolled up. I did not place it back. I don’t like the sound. And it lost some ommmph in the mountains.thanks .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts