Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
LED headlamp finally installed. Had to take another approach after the first one didn't work out so well. Drilling holes to reuse the original mount was a bad idea, drilled through the casing and metal filings ended up at the bottom of the inside of the lens...very bad, also the lowbeam stopped working. Amazon sent me a new one and I used a universal 5 3/4 headlight mount. Super bright, easily adjustable with the universal headlight mount, mounts on the fork tube.

And that small Bitwell Exfil-7 bag rocks!

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
LED headlamp finally installed. Had to take another approach after the first one didn't work out so well. Drilling holes to reuse the original mount was a bad idea, drilled through the casing and metal filings ended up at the bottom of the inside of the lens...very bad, also the lowbeam stopped working. Amazon sent me a new one and I used a universal 5 3/4 headlight mount. Super bright, easily adjustable with the universal headlight mount, mounts on the fork tube.

Those brackets kind of add to the look.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts

I tried one of those buckets (not sure if they're all the same?) but the clips were crap and the light wouldn't stay in place. Does the bucket you bought use clips to hold the light in place? Any tips?

·
Registered
14 Posts
SLI,
I think this is the best looking Rebel I've seen on here. Nice work.

After installing the Woodcraft clip-ons do you still have lock to lock movement without hitting bars or controls on the tank?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks for the compliments.

No clearance issues whatsoever. I lined them up with the stock setup during installation, with the 3" clip-on riser the bar ends up 1" lower but angled slightly closer to the body due to the clip-on attachment positioning the bar in front of the fork tube. The only thing that comes close to the tank on full lock is the Daytona front indicators.

SLI,
I think this is the best looking Rebel i've see on here. Nice work.

After installing the Woodcraft clip-ons do you still have lock to lock movement without hitting bars or controls on the tank?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Riding season has started again, 8 deg. Celsius today, still a bit chilly at higher speeds.

Tucked all the harness connectors inside the universal headlight bucket, installed the YSS rear shocks, more to come on that later after getting more seat time with them.

IMG_5202.jpg

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Dumped the cheapo wobbly adjustable levers (FX-something etc...) i had before. Got some BIKERS brand long levers, which have a metal bushing. Feels more solid and weighty, less sloppy, and the adjustment setting lever does not slip to a higher setting like the cheapo ones i had before.

IMG_5279.jpg

41 - 60 of 60 Posts