Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Sli, where did you get the Hurricane Speedo relocator from. It would be great to have this option so that I could hopefully stick in a proper set of risers without having to make to many modifications.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've been stealing parts from you, off of either other *threads* or browsing your profile. :D
I got the Hurricane Rear Tail light, rear turn signals, and oem connections from CustomLED. What I'm NOW curious about, is how far is the forward lean when holding onto those new bars?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I should take it as a compliment :grin2:. Sharing these great bits with everybody knowing ahead of time we're dealing with quality parts or not.

The good news about the clip-on bars, with 3" riser clip-ons, the bar height is about an inch lower than the stock bar setup. Lean forward is less since the clip-ons are angled slightly toward you, with the grips angled slightly downward as well which feels more natural.

I've been stealing parts from you, off of either other *threads* or browsing your profile. :D
I got the Hurricane Rear Tail light, rear turn signals, and oem connections from CustomLED. What I'm NOW curious about, is how far is the forward lean when holding onto those new bars?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Not difficult at all. Search for videos on Rebel 300/500 handlebar swap.

To retain the use of the tabs in the L and R control switches, a hole on each side needs to be drilled. The beauty of the clip-on bars is you can now rotate the bar to reposition the switches, then adjust the clamp for the levers accordingly.

How hard is it to take off the controls? I think I've seen how to do in somewhere else in the forum, but it required drilling into it. Is that true?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Don't know the details of what you ordered, but mine are 1". The part that clamps to the 3" riser is probably 7/8". Woodcraft 41mm quick-install with 3" risers and 1" handlebar.

Final question, Are these 1" bars or 7/8ths? I keep reading that the clip ons are 1" Just wanna double check before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The bits are pretty straight-forward from the pictured instructions, but the wiring translates to:

Red - Green
Yellow - White

Any helpful pictures or guidance for taillight install?
I can't find any English instructions for the taillight

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Custom Corbin delivered today. Took about 4 weeks from order submit to delivery.

Going to do a mild wipedown with some light leather care products and install this badboy...stay tuned!

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Corbin makes a great seat, I had one on my old BMW when I did a lot of long distance riding, it'll add a lot of miles to your day. That's a good looking seat, you've made a good choice

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Custom order Corbin is awesome!!!

Feels way firmer than the seat from Zeed, but the support is spread out evenly on my butt and lower back. Feels wider and the back part curves up sharper and hugs the lower back area on hard acceleration.

Rode for 4hrs and I was feeling great, compared to feeling quite sore on the other seats after riding for a shorter duration.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Closer-up pics of the following:

Woodcraft clip-on bars with 3" risers.
Bitwell Tork grips.
Daytona BSC Parallel mirrors.
Hurricane speedo relocator.
Corbin double seat.

Attachments