Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Works been very busy so I've only put 2,000km on her so far.

Pro -
- So very easy to ride
- Better off road than a sports bike
- Better on road than a dirt bike
- More nimble than a big bike
- More power than a small bike

Cons
- The Gear lump by my right ankle is annoying. I thought I would get used to it - but no
- The fuel tank is too small - I only get 250km from it
- No Tacho
- The digital console is hard to read in good weather - which is all we get in Perth

Mods-
Replaced the front cog - so give me taller gears

Problems-
-The front brakes were not bolted on when I picked it up - and they fell off just as I was pulling into my driveway (4km away) - The dealership sent someone round to re-attach them, but it was exciting for a while

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome mate, I think you may be our first Sandgroper :wink:

Have you had it repainted or is that a standard colour?

BTW, we're having some beautiful Perth like weather here today, but that could change at any minute knowing Melbourne.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah - green with gold and silver lines. Hand painted by me - so "A bit rubbish".

On the whole, I'm happy with my painting - but it is wearing fairly quickly. I might re-do it in 12 months. Perhaps with a plastic dip.

Melbourne seems to have a strong riding community. In fact Melbourne seems to do better for "community" across the board than Perth does - which is suprising given how isolated Perth people think they are.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome mate. I'll take Perth's weather over Melbourne's fickleness any day of the month :)

Hope you enjoy your ride, despite the little kinks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts