Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Rebel 500 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,
I'm new to the riding world. Just passed my DAS (direct access course) and loving being out on my rebel 500.
Though I'm getting proper frustrated and annoyed at the lack and price of customisation options for the bike here in the UK! Everything is well overpriced compared to other bikes.
I've been looking for forward controls for the bike for several months as I'm always catching my feet on the mid controls and cramping up. Paying £500-£1500 for a set of forward controls and that's without import tax seems very steep especially compared to other cruisers/sportster type bikes. Almost everything I got imported from Thailand was super overpriced for cheap brittle parts such as the under belly fairing and seats so I won't be getting anything from Thailand again. The only good thing I got from Thailand was the Gem Classic Renzo twin exhaust slip on which sounds awesome!
Does anyone know of any customisation shops that do forward controls for the Rebel 500 in the westmidlands/North West area, uk?
Any help would be massively appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I, too, am interested in changing to forward controls, but the kit in the States is close to $500. Would love to hear what someone who has that setup thinks before dropping that much on a mod.

·
Registered
Honda Rebel 500 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@FIRE REBEL Thank you for replying. I've tried emailing takumi and tried going on his website (as I don't have any social media) but they are neither of them exist according to Gmail and google which kind of tells me he's dodgy. I thought it'd be too good to be true with the price being so low compared to others.
I might just have a crack at doing it myself when I get chance.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CMX300A
102 Posts
So far, I've found Takumi World to be pretty legitimate. Very good communication (despite the time difference not helping). He's kept me informed every step of the way and sent me pictures of the final product before shipping.

You can follow my adventures in this thread.

I haven't received the bulk of the order yet, but I'm not worried: the delivery estimate is 19 June. When he first shipped it, he missed a part, and he let me know right away and shipped it to be via express shipping at his own cost. I have actually received that part already (being shipped express vs regular shipping for the rest). It's just an extension rod, but the quality of it of seems really nice. The matte black finish feels very high quality.

Anyway, I can't give a definitive answer since the transaction is still very much in progress, but from my experience so far, I'd give a thumbs up for this seller.

I've had luck reaching out to Dave at [email protected] or via his ebay account takumiworld.

·
Registered
14 Posts
De Pretto Moto has excellent forward controls.. I had them installed on my 2020 CMX 500 in Saigon.. I really like these controls… For me, the controls put me in a much better riding position.. The fit and finish is excellent… All fasteners & components are included in the kit.. I’d definitely recommend these, from my experience…Good luck..

·
Registered
Honda Rebel 500 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
De Pretto Moto has excellent forward controls.. I had them installed on my 2020 CMX 500 in Saigon.. I really like these controls… For me, the controls put me in a much better riding position.. The fit and finish is excellent… All fasteners & components are included in the kit.. I’d definitely recommend these, from my experience…Good luck..
It'll cost £500 plus import tax for the DPM kit in the UK. It's not worth that kind of money just for a plate and link extention. Especially when extensions are only £80-£150 for other bikes. I've started making my own, it's only cost me £20 in materials, if that. One thing I have learned is that aftermarket stuff for the rebel is way way way overpriced compared to other makes and models of bikes and the parts are 9/10 cheap nasty materials worth pennies.
I'm beginning to regret buying the rebel and I haven't even ridden it yet as I'm still in the midst of getting my motorcycle licence 😂

·
Registered
Honda Rebel 500 2018
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the world of customizing bikes…
Customising bikes is a dear doo granted but comparing prices of customising a rebel to other bikes is just something else. I'm surprised there isn't more rebel customising businesses around with how popular the rebel is. Though saying that I will probably enjoy making my own custom parts and save myself a fortune 😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm wondering: how do these affect your lean angle? Is it harder or easier to scrape these forward-control footpegs?

·
Registered
2017 Rebel 500 Black
856 Posts
Everything in the UK is more expensive than anywhere else. £500 and $500 for the same thing, above, exemplifies this. Sad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts