Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I installed the Arrow slip on exhaust on Sammy, my green 2022 Rebel 500, and I'm really satisfied with my purchase!
With the db killer on (I'm european, so I should always go around with that mounted) the sound is similar to the OEM, just a bit deeper and with a bit more character in my opinion.
But without it, oh boy, it gets loud... You can still hear the engine slightly but the exhaust becomes the main character, and every time I rev matched it was just glorious, with all the pops and crackles you'd expect by a motorcycle like this. And when I got into tunnels, let me just tell you that my backpack was as astonished as I was...
Going on a more technical side, it's lighter and more compact than OEM, but not by much, so I'd say that if that was your main reason to buy this, don't, OEM is completely fine.
The only reason to buy this slip on is to have that sweet sound when removing the db killer (or maybe for design?), if you're not into that avoid this exhaust, as in my huble opinion with the db killer on it sounds almost exactly like OEM, maybe even a little bit more silent.
Speaking of the db killer, it's mounted with three screws in the back and it's roughly 20cm long, so when I remove it I still take it around with me in a saddle bag. Furthermore, you can use the same allen key we all have under the side pannel (the one used to open the saddle) so there's no need for extra tools and in 5-10 minutes the db killer will be off and on as wished.
The downsides are that it's not a cheap exhaust and from what I've heard it's a kind of muffler that degrades over time, due to it being built with fiber glass on the inside.
Both of these weren't concerns for me, so here it is, without db killer in all of its glory. (I'll mostly use it silenced for respect for my neighbours, but every once in a while it'll be nice to just go around being a bit louder ;P ).
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exhaust
Automotive tire Wheel Crankset Vehicle brake Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Honda CMX 1100 DCT
38 Posts
This weekend I installed the Arrow slip on exhaust on Sammy, my green 2022 Rebel 500, and I'm really satisfied with my purchase!
With the db killer on (I'm european, so I should always go around with that mounted) the sound is similar to the OEM, just a bit deeper and with a bit more character in my opinion.
But without it, oh boy, it gets loud... You can still hear the engine slightly but the exhaust becomes the main character, and every time I rev matched it was just glorious, with all the pops and crackles you'd expect by a motorcycle like this. And when I got into tunnels, let me just tell you that my backpack was as astonished as I was...
Going on a more technical side, it's lighter and more compact than OEM, but not by much, so I'd say that if that was your main reason to buy this, don't, OEM is completely fine.
The only reason to buy this slip on is to have that sweet sound when removing the db killer (or maybe for design?), if you're not into that avoid this exhaust, as in my huble opinion with the db killer on it sounds almost exactly like OEM, maybe even a little bit more silent.
Speaking of the db killer, it's mounted with three screws in the back and it's roughly 20cm long, so when I remove it I still take it around with me in a saddle bag. Furthermore, you can use the same allen key we all have under the side pannel (the one used to open the saddle) so there's no need for extra tools and in 5-10 minutes the db killer will be off and on as wished.
The downsides are that it's not a cheap exhaust and from what I've heard it's a kind of muffler that degrades over time, due to it being built with fiber glass on the inside.
Both of these weren't concerns for me, so here it is, without db killer in all of its glory. (I'll mostly use it silenced for respect for my neighbours, but every once in a while it'll be nice to just go around being a bit louder ;P ).
View attachment 38342 View attachment 38341
Thank you for your review. I wish we could hear it.

·
Registered
2020 Rebel 500 SE
40 Posts
Nice review, thanks. I have replaced original dbkiller by an other Arrow dbkiller. It gives a more deeper sound, between original dbkiller and no dd killer installed. I'll give you the link as soon as I go back home.

·
Registered
2017 Rebel 500 Black
1,146 Posts
The seat went through the design department and it gives us discomfort. The can did not get design attention and is one of the most ugly. Trouble is they can both be expensive to correct. Best done at origination.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts