Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a windshield on their rebel? Which did you install? Does it really cut down on wind on the upper body?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
150 Posts
I got this from amazon. It seems to help a bit there is nothing that is going to make the wind disappear.
Amazon says it does not fit Honda rel but it is a universal windshield and fit just fine.

farkled.jpg

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hello Nigel and welcome to the forum. The choice is yours depending on a number of variables: size of rider, skinny or thick set, kite type screen that will take a lot of buffeting but reduce vision in bad weather, type of helmet or in between size screen or a sport/cafe racer look such as the Dart Screen fitted by many on here.

I like the minimalist look of the Dart Piranha Black screen. It is well engineered and a spare screen can be bought if the screen gets damaged.

Do a search for screen on this site and you will see all sorts.

Honda CMX500 Rebel Screen

·
Registered
2017 Honda Rebel 300 CMX300a
65 Posts
I have the slipstreamer spitfire and am not impressed. It was a real struggle to get it to fit such I could get the angle of it to match the angle of the forks, and then had to cut the arms or they were hitting the tank. And then it constantly loosens and then vibrates against the light. And while it does reduce the amount of wind hitting me directly, it seems to be hitting me in the face now (and I'm only 5'4"). Looking to get rid of it and get the dart that @Sooty mentioned.

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 500
39 Posts
I have the Dart classic in smoked installed. It helps more than I thought it would considering the size. Highway riding previously could be absolutely punishing depending on the wind, but now it's tolerable. However, it's never going to match a double bubble on fully faired sport bike.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 500 ABS
17 Posts
I have the midnight black Dart Piranha installed on mine. It helps a little with the wind on your torso but I liked the look of it more than anything. It took a week to arrive in NZ as it comes from the UK in case you were wondering on delivery time frame.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm installing this windscreen next week CMX500 / CMX300 Rebel 2017/19 - Kit Windscreen 'Exential' (S-0799) - Aluminum Windshield Fairing - Hardware Fasteners Included - De Pretto Moto Accessories (DPM Race) - 100% Made in Italy, Windshields - Amazon Canada. A buddy of mine had it and I was so surprised by it. I have been riding without a windscreen and didn't think this little would help, but it does. So I assume that the larger the windscreen is the better protection from the wind you'll get.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
150 Posts
The slip stream is a great wind screen. Super easy to install and get just like you want it! Any one that says otherwise is just not handy enough with brain and tools.
farkled.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Honda Rebel 500
17 Posts
The slip stream is a great wind screen. Super easy to install and get just like you want it! Any one that says otherwise is just not handy enough with brain and tools.
View attachment 32984
Looks great! Question, how does your attach? Ive seen some attach to the display. Some from the handle bars and others from the fork rails. Not sure which assembly would be best.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone installed a windshield on their rebel? Which did you install? Does it really cut down on wind on the upper body?

Thanks!
I bought a used bike a few years ago (not a Honda) with a wind-scream. I got a lot of turbulence and took their screen off. I never put it back on and threw it in the trash after a few weeks.

·
Registered
2017 Honda Rebel 300 CMX300a
65 Posts
Any one that says otherwise is just not handy enough with brain and tools.
Would love to see close-up pics of how you have it installed as I had a heck of time getting it into a decent position. And I'm generally handy with both my brain and tools.

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 300
150 Posts
It did take a lot of fiddling and experimentation to find the right configuration but was totally worth the hassle.
Looking at these pics, I guess the mounting clamps could have been turned around so the arms were on top and cut shorter but it works fine this way. All screws got blue locktite!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts