Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm trying to decide between the Rebel 1100 and the Triumph Bobber Black. I can't seem to find a Rebel test bike anywhere so I was wondering if anyone here has ridden both and how they compare. Any opinions and greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm trying to decide between the Rebel 1100 and the Triumph Bobber Black. I can't seem to find a Rebel test bike anywhere so I was wondering if anyone here has ridden both and how they compare. Any opinions and greatly appreciated.
I looked at both before going for the 1100. Similar power specs but different bikes. The bobber is a true solo bike. It’s probably the best looking bike there is in my opinion.
I found the riding position a bit odd on the bobber. Felt like I was on it and not in it like the rebel. I think the rebel handles the curves better.
Went for the rebel due to riding position, handling, Honda reliability and variety of modification paths (two up, bagger, bobber etc)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had a Rebel 500 and now a 2019 Bobber, not black. Bought the Bobber before the Rebel 1100 was available. No regrets, but like the Rebel I've upgraded the seat to Corbin, installed aftermarket exhaust, and upgraded the rear shock. Also done air box delete and remapped the computer to eliminate snatchy throttle at low rpms/low gears and improve overall smoothness and acceleration. The SO will not ride with me so a solo seat is no problem. While mine can't pass a gas station it doesn't like, small tank, I understand the newest Bobbers have a larger tank. Trans shifting is night and day better than the 500 and low end torque is awesome. I'm 18 months and 5000 miles into the Bobber, wished I could have gotten a Bobber Black, but love what I have. Good luck with whatever you choose. I need some better pics, the one below still has the air boxes and OEM seat.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

·
Registered
579 Posts
Mr 663 asked the same question in the Rebel 1100 facebook group and my response is - what do you get on the bobber that makes is $4,000 more than the Rebel? The answer is less power, fewer rider modes, smaller gas tank, less range between fill ups, British reliability and fugly looks. The 1100 is a no brainer.
Well CDL did say he bought it before the 1100 was out. He did get 1 like so far so beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And value can be subjective and relative. With all that said, I'm not a fan of the Bobber.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Mr 663 asked the same question in the Rebel 1100 facebook group and my response is - what do you get on the bobber that makes is $4,000 more than the Rebel? The answer is less power, fewer rider modes, smaller gas tank, less range between fill ups, British reliability and fugly looks. The 1100 is a no brainer.
Smaller gas tank and less range between fill ups is redundant. As for looks; just look at the stock Rebel exhaust, on any Rebel, that's got to go. While I paid less than a new Rebel for a 2019 Bobber in January 2020, a Bobber Black does go for a lot more. To each his own. Hopefully someone can answer the OP's comparison question.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Smaller gas tank and less range between fill ups is redundant. As for looks; just look at the stock Rebel exhaust, on any Rebel, that's got to go. While I paid less than a new Rebel for a 2019 Bobber in January 2020, a Bobber Black does go for a lot more. To each his own. Hopefully someone can answer the OP's comparison question.
I’d did mate. Tested both before choosing. I agree with you about looks. The bobber is a stunning looking bike. Most press reviews say the same. Was quite surprised some folk who posted don’t agree but looks are subjective.

·
Registered
Rebel 1100 DCT
47 Posts
When I was looking for a bike in May, my 1st choice was the Triumph bobber. You just can't beat the retro cool look. I also looked at the Indian Bobber (ruled that out after sitting on it and the seat and peg position was just not a good fit for me and bike didn't feel balanced). After I found and tested the Rebel 1100 and compared the feel, features, and the price, I went for the Honda Rebel. After nearly 2800 miles on the bike, I have to say it was definitely a better choice. But as we know in the bike world tastes are very subjective and priorities are different for diff people so am afraid you have to sit on both to decide what is best. I would say the Triumph would still get more design notice on the road but I think the Honda is the better performance/feature/price bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts