Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Rebel 1100 DCT
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the Honda forward seat to try out as I felt the handlebars and tank was slightly too forward. For information, I'm 5'7" with 30 in inseam.

Didn't expect it but the seat makes a major difference in the ride. It does take a bit to getting used to, but my legs are much better positioned for the tank grip and handlebar reach is also better. I will definitely keep this for everyday rides and switch back to the stock seat for touring as I like the extra room in longer rides.

Only caveat is the seat is not any more comfortable than the original stock seat so don't expect any improvement in that area.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have you tried rolling the bars back too? I'm 5'6" and rolling them as far back as I could without the switches hitting the tank makes a nice difference in reach.

·
Registered
Rebel 1100 DCT
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried rolling the bars back too? I'm 5'6" and rolling them as far back as I could without the switches hitting the tank makes a nice difference in reach.
I put bar-backs on the handlebars which definitely helped but the forward seat added that extra good positioning with tank and handlebar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts