Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Rebel 1100 DCT
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing the Shorty GP on my 1100. Trying to figure out if Radiant sent me the wrong model or if I'm doing something wrong. The Shorty GP will only slip partially on before it is blocked by a larger diameter ring around the exhaust. Was that ring supposed to come off with the factory exhaust? Did Radiant send me the wrong model?

See video here:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Installing the Shorty GP on my 1100. Trying to figure out if Radiant sent me the wrong model or if I'm doing something wrong. The Shorty GP will only slip partially on before it is blocked by a larger diameter ring around the exhaust. Was that ring supposed to come off with the factory exhaust? Did Radiant send me the wrong model?

See video here:
The ring is odd material I had to remove putting on my TBR exhaust. It’s not metal. Some sort of textile that hardens to seal stock exhaust. Just cut it away. I used a chisel to gently break off

Reactions: low

·
Registered
671 Posts
That fiber gasket material has been used for exhaust pipes by Honda for many years. My 88 Hawk 650GT has one on each header pipe where they meet the muffler.

Reactions: low
1 - 5 of 5 Posts