Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've looked through most existing threads, but can't find a basic head's up on installing new rear signals. The manual says you need to remove the entire brake light housing to remove the turn signals. Is this the case, or will I be able to simply unscrew and detach the signal housing?
Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
It's been a long time since I've had the stock brake light but I'm 99% sure I've seen the brick with aftermarket turn signals, you're just going to have to get creative haha. You may have to cut them off and wire in new ones worst case scenario, but honestly why not just get a whole new setup the brick is the ugliest part of the whole bike haha.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is an excellent point! But I actually ended up painting my brick leaving just the last half inch exposed and it looks so much better it doesn't bother me so much anymore. So this seemed like a nice a cheap fix... I guess we shall see what I can do about the signals...

·
Registered
425 Posts
This is an excellent point! But I actually ended up painting my brick leaving just the last half inch exposed and it looks so much better it doesn't bother me so much anymore. So this seemed like a nice a cheap fix... I guess we shall see what I can do about the signals...
post some pictures when you can! good luck with whatever route you go!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, already a fail... disassembled the tail light and realized my amateur wiring skills aren't adequete and the signals I got will require some extensive jerry-rigging. So now I understand why replacing the entire tail light signal situation is the best answer @flyinbrianbmx

Looking through threads now about good tail lights. Which did you go with?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Ha, already a fail... disassembled the tail light and realized my amateur wiring skills aren't adequete and the signals I got will require some extensive jerry-rigging. So now I understand why replacing the entire tail light signal situation is the best answer @flyinbrianbmx

Looking through threads now about good tail lights. Which did you go with?
i originally went with these X-Arc Lights - the brightest LED Brake lights, turn signals, tail lights but I've had a few problems with them so I cant reccommend them anymore.

now I'm about to wire these up https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/kuryakyn-by-kellermann-bullet-1000-turn-signal

1 - 9 of 9 Posts