Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 cmx500
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just had my first service (done free of charge) so happy days but looking ahead to chain maintenance...
I have a set of paddock stands but they do not fit the rebel (they were used on my old 125cc) so i was wondering if anyone had found a good rear paddock stand (probably won't bother with front)....?
I contacted Abba stands but they replied that the foot pegs would be in the way which is a shame.
Also, no way/where to attach paddock stand bobbins....?!?
Any help appreciated........................

·
Registered
712 Posts
If you're just looking to raise the rear, pretty much any adjustable swingarm stand (with pads, not spools) will work, though you'll likely need to remove the stock exhaust to lift it.

I bought Black Widow stands for mine, front and rear.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I am using a scissors jack under the right side swing arm, and a block of wood under the kick stand, along with a zip tie on the front brake lever when I lube the chain. It works really good and the scissors jack was purchased on Amazon for about $14.00 years ago. However, I do have an after market slip on muffler that gives me easy access to the swing arm.

I was using the Harbor Freight thingy under the back wheel, but I really had to tug get the wheel to turn.

Kenny G

·
Registered
712 Posts
Maybe when i change the exhaust i can get one that doesn't get in the way so much.... a shorty maybe....
I have the TBR exhaust, which isn't in the way with the Black Widow stands.

That being said, it's literally a 2 minute job to take the exhaust off so it's out of the way.

·
Registered
932 Posts
i use the same Venom stand CGraz is using. i just put a piece of foam and a towel on the right side so it doesn't scratch the exhaust when it lifts that side.

·
Registered
932 Posts
gary, i saw you post that somewhere else too.. i guess i'm not understanding from the picture or description- how does it work? is it short enough to stand under the swingarms, and you rotate it to raise? if so does that mean you have 2 of them?

·
Registered
306 Posts
gary, i saw you post that somewhere else too.. i guess i'm not understanding from the picture or description- how does it work? is it short enough to stand under the swingarms, and you rotate it to raise? if so does that mean you have 2 of them?
You just use one under the right swing arm. It lifts the bike and the three points of ground contact are the jack thing, the kick stand and the front tire. The front brake MUST be locked on with a strap/belt.

See here, same idea, just a different way of lifting.

This was my solution.

http://www.hondarebel3forum.com/forum/305-maintenance/5921-we-all-know-rebel-3-has-no-centre-stand-5.html

And a simpler version without the pivoting crutches.

http://www.hondarebel3forum.com/forum/305-maintenance/6130-make-your-own-paddock-stand-rear-stand.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi, just had my first service (done free of charge) so happy days but looking ahead to chain maintenance...
I have a set of paddock stands but they do not fit the rebel (they were used on my old 125cc) so i was wondering if anyone had found a good rear paddock stand (probably won't bother with front)....?
I contacted Abba stands but they replied that the foot pegs would be in the way which is a shame.
Also, no way/where to attach paddock stand bobbins....?!?
Any help appreciated........................
I picked up this "Trackside Rear Paddock Stand" from Cycle Gear, and it works just fine.
I am using the "pad" side placed just in front of the real wheel adjustment mechanism on the swing-arm.

cyclegear.com/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts