Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on the forum been able to remove the rear top fender skin off of the rear fender frame? I'd like to paint my rear fender a different color and I can't see why I have to remove the whole rear unit for that. I realize I will have to remove the tail light assembly but that's fine because I want to replace it anyways.

modmaster

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much Showmeguy66. This is so helpful and exactly what I needed.

modmaster

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you just want to take the fender “skin” off, you don’t need to remove the whole fender as in the vid. The vid is good up until taking the “module of some sort off” that’s under the seat. Stop there. Unbolt the tail light assembly and let it hang. Remove the two bolts on top of the fender and then slowly peel the fender skin up and away. Tail light wiring is routed through a hole in the skin on the left side. Disconnect the light connectors and viola... fender skin is removed without having to remove the whole fender.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hilux1983 That makes it even easier to take the rear fender skin off for painting. Will you have to buy all new foam sticky pieces to get the fender to fit back on afterwards? How well did it fit back on for you?

modmaster

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hilux1983 That makes it even easier to take the rear fender skin off for painting. Will you have to buy all new foam sticky pieces to get the fender to fit back on afterwards? How well did it fit back on for you?

modmaster
Foam sticky pieces? I've taken the fender off 4 times now and have never seen anything like this. Goes back together perfect every time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was looking at the parts fiche on Partzilla I saw some rubber pads that I thought were sticky tape to help hold the fender to the lower frame for the fender. Turns out they must just be soft foam pads to dampen the assembly. They were part 5 and part 15 on the picture.

modmaster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts