Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum and riding in general I bought my brand new rebel 500 abs 2 months ago my girlfriend got me Viking saddlebags for Christmas I wish to attach them but a major hiccup I have is I can't remove the rear seat and rear fender side Allen bolts for mounting I am by no means an expert on motorcycles but figured just a couple's twists and I should be good to go I noticed some spotting on the cap under the fender for the seat could it be possible that they have binded and does anyone know if that's covered by warranty what tools should I be using and tips on how to loosen factory stuff any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Z1,

You will need a set of metric Allen sockets and a ratchet wrench, although I had to use a 3 ft. breaker bar to get mine loose. I would opt for 3/8" drive tools to get started.

Harbor freight has inexpensive tools and they are plenty good for your first set of tools.

Kenny G

·
Registered
789 Posts
as Kenny said ratchet and correct socket would work wonders, and allen wrench is likely not enough. though i was able to remove mine easily, not everyone had the same experience.

also spraying a penetrating oil on/behind the bolts won't hurt either, let it sit for a few minutes before you try with the ratchet. something like WD40, liquid wrench, or PB Blaster.
good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts