Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Honda Rebel 300 - All Stock, Last night buddy noticed that the rear driving lights and rear brake light NOT working.
Note: The headlight works, The front driving lights work and come on. ALL the turn signals work both front and rear. Both Rear Running lights & Brake light completely INOP. Rear fender never taken off, Original everything.
I DID check the following...
Checked to make sure battery terminals tight and clean = OK
Checked all fuses = All OK
Pulled and checked 30 amp fuse at air cleaner box and connector = OK

Any ideas? Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
868 Posts
2017 Honda Rebel 300 - All Stock, Last night buddy noticed that the rear driving lights and rear brake light NOT working.
Note: The headlight works, The front driving lights work and come on. ALL the turn signals work both front and rear. Both Rear Running lights & Brake light completely INOP. Rear fender never taken off, Original everything.
I DID check the following...
Checked to make sure battery terminals tight and clean = OK
Checked all fuses = All OK
Pulled and checked 30 amp fuse at air cleaner box and connector = OK

Any ideas? Anyone else had this issue?
Firstly-the rear does NOT have running lights, they are turn signal only.
second-you didn't mention checking the bulb, since only the brake light is not functioning, it's possible that filament has burned out. take the cover off, and check/replace the bulb

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really?

I'm pretty sure both the front and rear turn signals stay on while engine running (otherwise how would you be visible at all from behind at night?) Turn signals just blink off then on when signaling for a turn - at least that's how my bike used to work.

I will check the bulbs - Do you know is it a 1156 or 1034 bulb?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, The brake light is a dual filament. When the bike is running: that light will be on, but the rear turn signals are single filaments (also wired to not be lit constantly). That can be changed, but you'll need to cut into the harness and change the lights themselves.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I noticed you said something about no fuse chart. That's correct. Your fuses are located under the Fuel Tank if I'm remembering correctly. The 7.5amp fuse that controls the brake light is also the horn fuse. so if the horn works, and there are no other discrepancies, then it's the bulb.

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
I'm pretty sure both the front and rear turn signals stay on while engine running (otherwise how would you be visible at all from behind at night?) Turn signals just blink off then on when signaling for a turn - at least that's how my bike used to work.

I will check the bulbs - Do you know is it a 1156 or 1034 bulb?
YES really. your tail light (red) and reflector are what people see at nite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts