Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Yesterday I jumped on the high way and was doing over 70 mph. I got off the freeway and engaged the clutch while coasting and down shifting. While I’m coasting and engaging the clutch I can feel a rattle on both my feet. It feels like it’s coming from the engine/tranny. This only happens when I hold in the clutch. Is my clutch going bad?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think I feel what you're talking about as well. For me, it doesn't feel like a rattle or make noise but it's almost like vibrations like I am on rough pavement. I'm thinking it could be the brakes rubbing a bit because when I push it out of the garage each morning they squeak as they go around like the rotor isn't true anymore. I imagine I only notice it when the clutch is in because the engine vibrations cover it up while I am in gear and on the throttle. Mine also seems to be connected with wheel speed which makes me think it's not engine/trans related. I can feel it even rolling along at 5mph, just very slowly. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more insight or spots to check.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I feel what you're talking about as well. For me, it doesn't feel like a rattle or make noise but it's almost like vibrations like I am on rough pavement. I'm thinking it could be the brakes rubbing a bit because when I push it out of the garage each morning they squeak as they go around like the rotor isn't true anymore. I imagine I only notice it when the clutch is in because the engine vibrations cover it up while I am in gear and on the throttle. Mine also seems to be connected with wheel speed which makes me think it's not engine/trans related. I can feel it even rolling along at 5mph, just very slowly. Hopefully someone else can chime in with more insight or spots to check.

I found out my issue. First took it to the dealership and they couldn’t find the issue. I started taking things apart and realized I never tighten the bracket for the front chain guard near the sprocket. This was grinding against the chain. Rattle gone :smile2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts