Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have their 500 randomly shut off? Just happened last night at a stop light......switched the ignition on and off and it started right back up. Was in first at a stop light, clutch pulled in. Totally stationary. I was thinking I could have toggled the on/off switch by accident....but I physically had to toggle the bike off then back on to fire it up again.. Only thing I have done to the bike electrically has been to put a usb adapter on it..connected to the battery directly with a quick connector about half way, so I can tend the battery if I need too..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Flip the engine cutoff switch back and forth a few times and make sure fully switched and see if this happens again.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Rebel,

If I was having the trouble that you are having one thing I would check the battery terminal screws to make sure they are tight.

Kenny G

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are you sure your USB adapter that you added isn't grounding out periodically via a loose wire or something? The fact that this isn't happening consistently, and your bike is still running, would make me assume there's a loose connection somewhere that trips out every once in awhile.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wondering if you found out what the issue was. I had a similar issue last summer, but it acted like the bike was low on fuel. Basically, the bike would shut off at highway speeds and then I would go to start the bike and it would run but then it would cut out. Is your bike doing something similar?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts