Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put about 500km on the bike(500cc) and I have not noticed the cooling fan come on at all, I always assumed that it only came on when it got hot enough. I watched a video today and the fan turned on as soon as the kill switch was switched on, is that correct or am I correct that it wont turn on if not needed? how often does it come on for other people?

Thanks
kozlojak

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Jak,

The only time I can tell if my fan is running is when I kill the engine, I can then hear the fan run until I turn the ignition key off.

When I turn the key on before I start the engine I have never heard the fan run.

Kenny G

·
Registered
711 Posts
I think it depends on how hot the engine is.

I know it doesn't always come on, but I've noticed many times when I stop for gas on the way home from work that it comes on when I turn the key.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
108 Posts
Same here, fan comes on if i restart the engine within a few mins of being turned off. Its come on when i've left it running after a ride while i get helmet and gloves off and the garage door open, otherwise the wind chill is enough to cool the radiator. so if you leave it running for a few mins after a ride you should see it come on

·
Registered
91 Posts
Park the bike with the engine revving, run it up to about 3-5K RPM in neutral and hold it for a few minutes. The fan should kick on.

If it doesn't you may have a bad sensor (which is located somewhere on the radiator, you can trace the wiring from the fan to the sensor).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.