Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Rebel 500
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am all new to this and it seems a lot of people just build their own stuff or customize brackets, mounts etc. to fit their bike. So, initially I figured I do the same and got these saddlebag support brackets, just because I liked the look without the bags mounted.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Then I got some cheap throw-over saddlebags from Amazon, but I didn't like the idea of having to tie them to the bracket permanently. And without the passenger seat installed, I felt it was too loose. Also, I really want to be able to take them off quickly. So, I went back to the Honda accessories website and wanted to get the OEM brackets and quick release saddlebags. Well, everything is on backorder and no dealer within 100 miles had them. Luckily I was able the get the brackets on eBay.
Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Tire Automotive tire

But still no bags... After some research I found out that the brackets are actually made by SW-Motech. They are called SLC side carrier (for double the price what Honda charges). They also make a some saddlebags that are compatible with this bracket and less expensive than Vikings. Eventually, I decided to get the SysBag 15 for both sides. I found that kind of confusing. They are actually Sissy Bar Bags, but they also offer an adapter plate to mount it to the SLC carrier. Also available as set: SysBag 15 with adapter plate

I ended up ordering them from Moto Central for almost half the price. Here is the Link. Took them a couple days to process the order, but shipping from UK was basically overnight. Impressive FedEx!

I am glad I got the 15L for both sides, 10L would be really small. I would think that even with the stock exhaust that it might fit (haven't checked it though). The bags have tons of loops to hook up other stuff. I am actually thinking to get the SysBag30L as well. That can go on top of the passenger seat (if that becomes available this lifetime) and can be tied together with the side bags (someone really thought this through I guess :geek:). Anyways, this is how they look...
Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Not touching the shocks or anything else.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light
Tire Wheel Vehicle Crankset Bicycle tire

The quick release works really great and I am kind of glad now that I did not get the saddlebags from Honda. I think with the added support to keep the shape of the bags, it looks better. But that's just me. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just some side case racks I made out of some racks I had from our Kawasaki X300s I had sold. The first one is my bike without the racks, then my wife's with the modified racks, then with a Givi E22n case and then with a soft bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Question about the SysBag15: what is the internal dimension? I want to carry 12" records on my bike as I play out once a month. I would need the internal width to be 12½" or more. I've ordered the Honda bags, but I've since been told that a 12" record won't fit through the zipper as the opening narrower than the bag itself. I could still cancel the order at partzilla.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am all new to this and it seems a lot of people just build their own stuff or customize brackets, mounts etc. to fit their bike. So, initially I figured I do the same and got these saddlebag support brackets, just because I liked the look without the bags mounted.
View attachment 37789
Then I got some cheap throw-over saddlebags from Amazon, but I didn't like the idea of having to tie them to the bracket permanently. And without the passenger seat installed, I felt it was too loose. Also, I really want to be able to take them off quickly. So, I went back to the Honda accessories website and wanted to get the OEM brackets and quick release saddlebags. Well, everything is on backorder and no dealer within 100 miles had them. Luckily I was able the get the brackets on eBay.
View attachment 37791
But still no bags... After some research I found out that the brackets are actually made by SW-Motech. They are called SLC side carrier (for double the price what Honda charges). They also make a some saddlebags that are compatible with this bracket and less expensive than Vikings. Eventually, I decided to get the SysBag 15 for both sides. I found that kind of confusing. They are actually Sissy Bar Bags, but they also offer an adapter plate to mount it to the SLC carrier. Also available as set: SysBag 15 with adapter plate

I ended up ordering them from Moto Central for almost half the price. Here is the Link. Took them a couple days to process the order, but shipping from UK was basically overnight. Impressive FedEx!

I am glad I got the 15L for both sides, 10L would be really small. I would think that even with the stock exhaust that it might fit (haven't checked it though). The bags have tons of loops to hook up other stuff. I am actually thinking to get the SysBag30L as well. That can go on top of the passenger seat (if that becomes available this lifetime) and can be tied together with the side bags (someone really thought this through I guess :geek:). Anyways, this is how they look...
View attachment 37790 View attachment 37792
View attachment 37793 View attachment 37794
The quick release works really great and I am kind of glad now that I did not get the saddlebags from Honda. I think with the added support to keep the shape of the bags, it looks better. But that's just me. :)
"I am glad I got the 15L for both sides" I am looking for 30 liters each bag for a Rebel 1100. So far I have only found Hepco and Becker.

·
Registered
2022 Rebel 500
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"I am glad I got the 15L for both sides" I am looking for 30 liters each bag for a Rebel 1100. So far I have only found Hepco and Becker.
They do have a SysBag 30L version and the adapter plate would fit as well, as far as I can see. But they say it’s not “approved” to mount it on the sides of the bike. No idea why.

·
Registered
2022 Rebel 500
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Question about the SysBag15: what is the internal dimension? I want to carry 12" records on my bike as I play out once a month. I would need the internal width to be 12½" or more. I've ordered the Honda bags, but I've since been told that a 12" record won't fit through the zipper as the opening narrower than the bag itself. I could still cancel the order at partzilla.
I just measured, and the opening is only 11” wide.

Bumper Hood Fish Fashion accessory Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2022 Rebel 500
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess you can. When you order the SLC adapter plate from SW-Motech, it comes with several different rubber pieces. Drill some holes in your record bag, screw the plate on - done!

·
Registered
2021 Honda CMX 1100 DCT
38 Posts
View attachment 37789
View attachment 37791

View attachment 37790 View attachment 37792
View attachment 37793 View attachment 37794
That's looks GREAT ! Congrats on figuring it out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts