Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got some quick release brackets for my saddle bags. Glad I got them before drilling holes for the hard mount. Very easy to install even with the factory rear rack. Got them from a company called Great Bike Gear. With the bags off, only a couple small studs left behind. Happy to answer any questions you might have.
Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow that’s awesome! I’ve been looking for quick lease for my Rebel 500. Can post a link to where you got them and the name of the brand! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The company name is Great Bike Gear, the item is called Easy Brackets. Everything you need except the saddle bags, they sell those too. I had my bags before I knew quick release brackets even existed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Viking bags attached to the easy brackets, much easier than the hardware that came with the bags.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey sorry if this doesn't quite belong in this thread but to those of you that have attached anything to the rear such as bags or sissy bars. Is there a risk of scratching over time? Have you taken precautions for this? Or is it unlikely?

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Finally got some quick release brackets for my saddle bags. Glad I got them before drilling holes for the hard mount. Very easy to install even with the factory rear rack. Got them from a company called Great Bike Gear. With the bags off, only a couple small studs left behind. Happy to answer any questions you might have.
Rick
anyway you could get a photo from the side with the bags off?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Viking bags attached to the easy brackets, much easier than the hardware that came with the bags.
Hope this helps.
Do you have the shock cutout bags or the standard ones? How was the fitment against the brake caliper, shock? I have the viking warrior saddle bags that do not have the cutout and had to position them away from the fender with spacers because the bracket contacted the top of the brake caliper on suspension compression. I want to change to the large bags you have using the quick connects, but wanted to know if I should get the cutouts or if the regular ones fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts