Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm new on the forum so hi all.

My wife got a new 2019 500 Rebel last month but being quite short she wanted to reduce her reach by fitting the H2C Pullback Risers. I fitted them this morning, which was simple enough, but the problem this threw up was that the front brake hose isn't really long enough to accommodate the additional rise of the bars. I've had to disengage the moulded on grommet from the hose retainer and on full lock there is a little too much strain on the hose.

The pics below show the problem but don't really show how much strain is occurring at the tight bend in the hose on full lock. I'd have a new line made up but it looks like the line connects to some kind of unusual Honda connector block behind the headstock which I won't be able to get replicated.

These 40mm/20mm pullbacks are sold as genuine Honda OEM accesories but I'm having trouble believing this. To my mind they should be sold with an amended, longer brake hose. Anyone has similar issues?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I put the same H2C bar risers on my 2017 500 and I didn't have any pinching with the brake line, but my clutch cable did bind up on full lock. My solution was to adjust the actual controls on the bike. I'd assume you could do the same with the brake fluid holder and lever, and just move them over towards the left a little more and maybe aim them more downwards. As long as your wife can reach the lever comfortably that may be the simplest solution. At the very least it'll allow for a little give.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hi,
I'm new on the forum so hi all.

My wife got a new 2019 500 Rebel last month but being quite short she wanted to reduce her reach by fitting the H2C Pullback Risers. I fitted them this morning, which was simple enough, but the problem this threw up was that the front brake hose isn't really long enough to accommodate the additional rise of the bars. I've had to disengage the moulded on grommet from the hose retainer and on full lock there is a little too much strain on the hose.

The pics below show the problem but don't really show how much strain is occurring at the tight bend in the hose on full lock. I'd have a new line made up but it looks like the line connects to some kind of unusual Honda connector block behind the headstock which I won't be able to get replicated.

These 40mm/20mm pullbacks are sold as genuine Honda OEM accesories but I'm having trouble believing this. To my mind they should be sold with an amended, longer brake hose. Anyone has similar issues?

Cheers
Is yours an ABS model? Mine is not ABS and all I had to do was re-route the cables brake lines out of the wire holders to a less strenuous path.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just went out and re-checked those lines and I don’t have any more tension on them then was already there. I wonder if the op has maybe tilted the bars back to get them a little more closer to the rider and that’s why you have some tension there?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I run risers on the ABS version and the line fit fine, but only once I took off the lever and rerouted the brake line. I think the default is for the line to run in front of the fork tube. Route it instead so it runs behind the fork tube and there should be plenty of slack. Can be done by taking off the lever or by loosening the fork tube.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Kubota Tractor dealers make up hydraulic lines for motorcycles and their price is reasonable.
Generally they reuse the fittings from the motorcycle and just crimp new hosed on.

Kenny G

1 - 9 of 9 Posts