Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen yss and ohlins rear shocks on this forum but will the progressive heavy duty or any progressive shocks fit the 300 or 500?

·
Registered
209 Posts
If center to center on the mounting holes are the same and the bolt holes through the rubber grommets or insert are the same diameter they should work.

You could also contact progressive for better information

I have been thinking of the same, progressive shocks are less money. I have progressive front springs and shocks on a Sportster and they work well. The front fork springs may have to be Ohlins or YSS until progressive makes some.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a set on my shadow spirit they where nice. the front forks are 41 mm so i thought the progressive heavy duty might on them to. i might buy those to see if it works but for now im going to try 20 grade fork oil to see what that does. i plan to buy a 300 this weekend and have the dealer put in the oil for me

·
Registered
102 Posts
FYI, the front fork springs on my 500 were progressive, not the brand but the configuration. I replaced with Ohlins, which are not progressive but the dampening is adjustable. Not sure if the 300 comes stock with progressive springs. OEM springs below.

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
FYI, the front fork springs on my 500 were progressive, not the brand but the configuration. I replaced with Ohlins, which are not progressive but the dampening is adjustable. Not sure if the 300 comes stock with progressive springs. OEM springs below.
progressive type springs in the 300, changed to Ohlins fsk 127
how did you guys like the switch?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Still playing with the dampening. Zero turns was springy, ran 8 for awhile, now trying 10. Max dampening is 15. Much better on big bumps than the OEM.
I like the ohlins on the front of my 300, much better than stock.
I am now trying to decide on yss or ohlins for the rear. yss is less money and would probably work fine, but I can't find any good reviews. I knoe about ohlin fronts, but over 750 for the rear is a sticker shock.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Still playing with the dampening. Zero turns was springy, ran 8 for awhile, now trying 10. Max dampening is 15. Much better on big bumps than the OEM.
I like the ohlins on the front of my 300, much better than stock.

I am now trying to decide on yss or ohlins for the rear. yss is less money and would probably work fine, but I can't find any good reviews. I know about ohlin front springs, but over 750 for the rear shocks is sticker shock.

·
Registered
209 Posts

I like the ohlins on the front of my 300, much better than stock. Adjust ability is a real plus.

I am now trying to decide on yss or ohlins for the rear. yss is less money and would probably work fine, but I can't find any good reviews. I know about ohlin front springs, but over 750 for the rear shocks is sticker shock.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ordered YSS standard rear shocks (not piggy back type), will give update review after installed.

Don't know why there are 3 of the last post.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts