Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I got my rebel 500 about a month back, and I have 360 miles on it.

I started noticing some issues while driving around 45-55 speed range, the bike started hesitating on me.
It almost seems like the fuel got cut for sec and the bike jerked a lot.

One time when I was on the freeway around 60mph speed the engine totally died, I had to coast to a stop and restart the engine and it worked fine after that.

I took the bike to the Honda service center, they are looking at it right now.

Just wondering if anyone else has sees some similar issues? or have any advice.

Thanks !

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Might be something I read just the other day.
The Thai people have been riding this bike a while now, and saw someone complaining about the spark plug comming loose after some driving.
Could perhaps be your problem?

·
Registered
204 Posts
A loose spark plug would definitely give you that issue. But that's an odd one, how would the spark plug come loose?

Worst case scenario, take it back to where you got it from and see what they say?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I took one of my plug cables off to wrap it for a tachometer. No way it comes loose on its own, but if it wasn't fully seated in the first place, maybe.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I'm not sure, the translation on facebook of thai isn't always that sturdy... So a little limited to as what I could really understand and not.
But my guess would be the vribration when driving? Making it slowly screwing itself out?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Hello,

I got my rebel 500 about a month back, and I have 360 miles on it.

I started noticing some issues while driving around 45-55 speed range, the bike started hesitating on me.
It almost seems like the fuel got cut for sec and the bike jerked a lot.

One time when I was on the freeway around 60mph speed the engine totally died, I had to coast to a stop and restart the engine and it worked fine after that.

I took the bike to the Honda service center, they are looking at it right now.

Just wondering if anyone else has sees some similar issues? or have any advice.

Thanks !
Did you get this fixed? what was the issue?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its still in the shop, they said I might have to wait another week before they get a chance to look at it.

The place I bought it from is 80 miles from where I stay, and I don't want to drive it in that condition.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So they found the problem.

The wire connected to the fuel injection system was not fully plugged in. It was attached but not secured.
Hopefully I don't get any other issues !

·
Registered
99 Posts
New here. Just picked up my Rebel 300 12 days ago. 215 miles and mine is cutting out while riding now. Checked all issues above and everything seems tight. Does anyone have any more information on these issues?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts