Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been toying with the idea of doing a modern scrambler with my rebel. Inverted fork, 17" front wheel, Knobber tires, and move foot controls back a couple inches. But retain that classic scrambler built from a cruiser vibe. I haven't drawn it up yet but i will be soon.

This all started after seeing a shop in Thailand swap a (what i believe is) Kawasaki z800 inverted fork onto a rebel, and I LOVE IT. Looked into the forks and they fit the bill for weight and are fairly tuneable, now to find a set cheap.

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18199446_1061281133973517_4031821941108090260_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=a28abf7aa9cfb2b40c4bd7b3921bc233&oe=5BCE44B9

https://cdn.rideapart.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/FFXT0914-770x513.jpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
Those of you interested in a Rebel in the style of a scrambler or cafe racer should check out this Youtube clip. All 10 are cool looking bikes but there is a surprise inclusion at the 7:12 mark. Great effort by the builder.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got Started!!

Got started in a round about way.

New tires Pirelli MT60 RS in oem sizes, huge difference!!! Fire roads are so **** fun now!

Prototyping a gauge lowering bracket, will eventually tie in a support frame for a little cowl and at that point make a perfect version of this with the laser cutter and cnc bender. Really love being able to see the bars and clamps, as well as making the bike look more sleek.

More to come.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Final version of my gauge lowering bracket in primer (soon to be black) and on the bike! From card board to terrible prototype to laser cut net to final form, these little projects are so fun. Thanks @virtucom_metals for the epically clean laser parts as always! Lower sleeker look, exposed bars!

Video of the process coming soon!

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
Final version of my gauge lowering bracket in primer (soon to be black) and on the bike! From card board to terrible prototype to laser cut net to final form, these little projects are so fun. Thanks @virtucom_metals for the epically clean laser parts as always! Lower sleeker look, exposed bars!

Video of the process coming soon!
dang that thing is sweet!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts