Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my mind a portable charger would work like this - plug it into a GoPro and the camera would work until the memory card is full or both the camera battery and auxiliary batteries are depleted. That doesn't appear to be the way it works. My cameras stopped working (all 3 at about the same time) and the auxiliary batteries had almost a full charge. What am I not getting? Oh, and the memory cards were 20% full.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I've done the same with my Gopro hero 5 Session, and it works. The battery pack however has turned itself off a few times though, it goes into hibernation/standby mode, quite irritating..

·
Registered
88 Posts
My aux battery has to be turned on. I can be plugged into whatever and turn it on first and then the device will deplete the aux battery first (if the button is never hit to shut it off), and once it's depleted then my main device still has a full battery.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I did a little experiment. I bought a new portable charger, this time a Mophie and plugged it into the camera while at home. After about two hours the camera was so hot that I unplugged it to let it cool off. The camera has gotten hot before but I thought it was because I was outside in the weather. I searched online and found that the camera will turn itself off if it gets too hot Maybe that’s what happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts