Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need to vent. I bought tank protectors from HRP. They were junk and I asked for a refund and never heard from them again, Buyer beware. I bought a second set H2C from Thailand and they look and feel good. The problem is they don’t stick to the bike. I have never seen such poor quality parts that are bike specific. I am at a point where I will not buy parts from Thailand anymore. I know not all sellers (Zeed comes to mind) are that way but in my case a few bad apples did the trick. No ability to return and poor quality. Wish I could fleece a large group of people like that. (Not really, I wouldn’t sleep if I did that). Anyone have this issue and solve it? I kind of remember someone buying 1mm 2 way tape???? Rant over...

·
Registered
814 Posts
I just need to vent. I bought tank protectors from HRP. They were junk and I asked for a refund and never heard from them again, Buyer beware. I bought a second set H2C from Thailand and they look and feel good. The problem is they don’t stick to the bike. I have never seen such poor quality parts that are bike specific. I am at a point where I will not buy parts from Thailand anymore. I know not all sellers (Zeed comes to mind) are that way but in my case a few bad apples did the trick. No ability to return and poor quality. Wish I could fleece a large group of people like that. (Not really, I wouldn’t sleep if I did that). Anyone have this issue and solve it? I kind of remember someone buying 1mm 2 way tape???? Rant over...
I think the original tank pads that came on the h2c version of the bike that released in Thailand had issues falling off and people took them back to the dealer to get them redone. I think the glue used on them was having issues actually staying applied to the tank. Im not sure if the people who got them reinstalled even had any luck with them.

·
Registered
527 Posts
My belly pan fairing thing I ordered from Thailand is paper thin. I'm not exaggerating when I say construction paper is thicker than the plastic pieces you receive.
But it hasn't fallen off or cracked yet, hence why I haven't vented or complained about them.
Though for $200+ I was expecting a little better quality.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to revisit this post only because my frustration level was so high when I made the original post that I slammed all sellers from Thailand. I bought the H2C and they didn’t stick. 74.00 add that to the 45.00 from the original junk I threw away and I’m out some coin. This time I requested a refund from the seller on eBay. I had to send pictures and exchange a few emails but at the end of the day I did get a refund. I don’t know this seller but have to eat crow and say (siamsilver99) was stand up. He asked me to return them at his expense. When I sent him the USPS quote for 35.00 he said forget it and to keep them. I hate to benefit from someone’s loss but just can’t throw them out. I spent another 20 bucks for some 3m two sided adhesive and will attempt to resolve the sticky issue.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Props for clearing things up and retracting a blanket statement about Thailand merchants. It's a general statement we all make at some point about cheap asian junk, but there are some really cool parts available only in Asia and alot of the stuff from Japan is top quality as well.

FWIW, my order from HRP never arrived and I got a Paypal refund after some inconvenience and delays.

On the flip side, i love my seat from Zeed and have had great experiences from my 2 orders from them so far.

·
Registered
742 Posts
On the flip side, i love my seat from Zeed and have had great experiences from my 2 orders from them so far.
Just ordered something else from Zeed so wanted to give them props, again! I didn't even order something on their site, just asked them to sell me fender brackets like come with the tail tidy so I didn't have to cut mine when I remove the fender. they quote a fair price, and it arrived in 5 days from Thailand.
this is my 3rd order from them, and i'd recommend them if you like what they have to sell. quality service and they wrap things with so much tape and bubble wrap, i doubt even glass would break if they offered it. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts