Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found some customer rewievs and:
extremly good on wet tarmac, very good on paved road, also suitable for some light trails; and all this is trade on tire longivity, some reports that tire life span could reduce up to half (someone said as little as 1500 miles?!) of usual tires:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
Found some customer rewievs and:
extremly good on wet tarmac, very good on paved road, also suitable for some light trails; and all this is trade on tire longivity, some reports that tire life span could reduce up to half (someone said as little as 1500 miles?!) of usual tires:surprise:
Not sure why you would even want them? They are not for street bikes, they are for enduros. An enduro is a bike which is basically 50/50 street and trail riding. It doesn't seem like a good fit at all for the rebel unless you are using it off road a lot.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But it appears to be OEM tires for Ducati scramblers, and they marked those tires 60/40 road/terrain. But, anyhow those rapid wear is too big tradeoff for me, and for now I will stick with Dunlops- expected life span for me appears to be somewhere in range 12000 to 15000 kilometres and are reasonably good in wet conditions.
Yes, yes, the price tag for Pirellis is too good to not at least look at them...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Do you plan on doing any off-roading? Dirt, gravel, sand?

If not, stick with street tires... the price pays for itself with the longevity.

A quick Google says a set of Dunlops will cost you around $280, whereas the Pirelli will cost around $200.

You say reviews give Pirellis about half the life span of better tires, sometimes less... but the value isn't there unless they only cost half as much... otherwise it doesn't equal out.

·
Registered
814 Posts
But it appears to be OEM tires for Ducati scramblers, and they marked those tires 60/40 road/terrain. But, anyhow those rapid wear is too big tradeoff for me, and for now I will stick with Dunlops- expected life span for me appears to be somewhere in range 12000 to 15000 kilometres and are reasonably good in wet conditions.
Yes, yes, the price tag for Pirellis is too good to not at least look at them...
Ducati scramblers are actually considered dual sport bikes. Meaning they are made for off-road/on-road use. Completely different than the design of the rebel.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm going to pull the trigger on a set of these, since I'll need to replace tires soon anyway. I'll let you know how it goes.

I drive 95-100 kilometers a day with 20-40 of that being gravel, and even the odd unmaintained road, so this seems like the logical choice.

·
Registered
428 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts