Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

does anyone of you have a more comfortable passenger seat?

My girlfriend starts crying after 1 hour of riding because her as* hurts so much.

If anyone found something, please let me know!

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
I myself am waiting on a more comfortable passenger, I don't blame the lady - it's really not that comfortable. [The honda one] I can't wait for some more accessories to come out!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Passenger seat comes standard in Australia. I went to take mine off today, unfortunately the front mounting bolt is "ugly as" and there appears to be a distinct lack of bolts to match the rear bolt (all the fender bolts) not a single one available on any AU website. Seat is back on and it looks like Im off to Bunnings to find something acceptable.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Passenger seat comes standard in Australia. I went to take mine off today, unfortunately the front mounting bolt is "ugly as" and there appears to be a distinct lack of bolts to match the rear bolt (all the fender bolts) not a single one available on any AU website. Seat is back on and it looks like Im off to Bunnings to find something acceptable.
Gypsy,

I used stainless steel button head Allen head bolts for replacements. If you don't like them shiny hit them with a magic marker.

Kenny G

·
Registered
111 Posts
Gypsy,

I used stainless steel button head Allen head bolts for replacements. If you don't like them shiny hit them with a magic marker.

Kenny G
Hi Kenny. For these holes I just put black rubber grommets in. Looks a bit neater. For the side ones because I have the wrench rack I bought stainless button heads too but they're black treated stainless instead of regular silver.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gypsy,

Kenny G
Yeah that was what i was planning on doing. I found the bolts in Japan so they are on there way. Ordered a few extra just in case i snap any removing the fender :wink2:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Dunf,

The blackened bolts look really good.

We have the hardened grade 8 black Allen bolts in the U.S., but I cannot find the blackened stainless steel bolts here.

I put a pic on here of my setup. I used longer stainless steel bolts and cut the heads off and used lock nuts and chrome acorn nuts so I could more easily attach bungee cords and a cargo mat.

Kenny G

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Baller,

$3.00 for a bolt that is poorly made is too much.

I got a dozen stainless steel button head Allen head for $3.00. I know these bolts will outlast the rebel.

Kenny G
That's fine, I was just pointing out where to to get the OEM bolts to someone who couldn't find them. And it's $3 for 6 of them, btw. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
That's fine, I was just pointing out where to to get the OEM bolts to someone who couldn't find them. And it's $3 for 6 of them, btw. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
When I click to add the 6 bolts to my cart the price in my cart is $17.70.

Kenny G :crying:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Baller,

For someone that wants to keep their Rebel pure Honda it is probably worth it to purchase the factory bolts.

Kenny G

1 - 20 of 27 Posts