Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there folks,

Looking to finally jump on buying the 2018 or 2019 Rebel 500. I want to buy a passenger seat that same day too, maybe will get a discount if I do.

Anyone know the weight capacity (in US pounds) for the passenger seat? I looked on Honda's and this forum's website, but can't find that information, or maybe I ain't looking hard enough, lol.

Also, looking to buy a sissybar so I can lock an extra helmet by bike lock on it to have a spare at all time just in case. Anything know a cheap one I can buy and provide me a link?

Thanks, folks

·
Super Moderator
1,249 Posts
The difference between GVWR and wet weight is how much the motorcycle can safely carry, including fuel; the rider, passenger and their clothing; cargo; and other accessories. Subtract your weight from this difference and you have the passenger capacity.

·
Registered
939 Posts
The manual states the max weight capacity is 346 lb (157kg). so subtract your weight from this amount and that'll tell you a rough estimate of your passengers supported weight.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The manual states the max weight capacity is 346 lb (157kg). so subtract your weight from this amount and that'll tell you a rough estimate of your passengers supported weight.
Manual here says 179 kg so around 394 lb, i dont know why its different, you are from the US right?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Indeed I am :)

I just double checked to make sure I read that correctly and that's definitely what mine says. not sure about the difference.
So weird anyways I did double check mine as well and it says 179 kg maybe it's due to translation that would be my best guess

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts