Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small dilemma with my 500 Rebel. When riding with my 11y/o daughter, I find that the passenger foot pegs are too high for her (she's quite tall for her age), and she has to bend her knees quite a lot, which over a 15-20mins ride leads to cramps and foul mood.

I tried looking for passenger pegs relocation clamp-on kits, but they all fit a 1" - 1.5" tubes (most common engine-guards diameters), while the passenger foot pegs mounts on the Rebel are made of 3/4" tube.

So, my question to you is how would you approach this? I'm hoping to gain about 4" of forward distance at a slightly lower position than the current pegs.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Banned
247 Posts
Not sure you will be able to find exactly what you want, you might call around to some metal fab shops in your area and tell them what you want and they could probably make something for you and it probably wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Also ask if they do any powder coating (many do) as you won't want to just slap some paint on the pegs as it will wear and chip easily.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure you will be able to find exactly what you want, you might call around to some metal fab shops in your area and tell them what you want and they could probably make something for you and it probably wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Also ask if they do any powder coating (many do) as you won't want to just slap some paint on the pegs as it will wear and chip easily.
I'm a bit wary of going down that road, as for some reason I don't fully trust the metal shop in my area to do a visually appealing job. I did find a couple of bits online that might do the trick, but will keep searching.

I do wish there was a kit similar to the rider foot pegs relocation kit available from an Italian vendor (I forgot the brand name)

·
Banned
247 Posts
I'm a bit wary of going down that road, as for some reason I don't fully trust the metal shop in my area to do a visually appealing job
If you go to them and show them the bike so they can get measurements and then you specify the size of tubing etc then you control what you get back.

I do wish there was a kit similar to the rider foot pegs relocation kit available from an Italian vendor (I forgot the brand name)
I think you mean THIS

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's the kit I was referring to, and thanks for the feedback - I'll give it another thought, and if I can't find something off the shelf, I'll go and have a chat with the guy at the metal shop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts