Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
My CMX5OO is black stem to stern. I need some ideas for parking lights so people don't park on my bike.

Thanks
I also posted this on your other post.

If you have a battery tender hookup installed wire a strobe light to that power source. Something like bicycle riders use. LED low battery drain. Or set of led strip lights wired to it. Plug in when you need them. Some strips have adhesive backs and wires too.

Another thing is get a small battery source with enough power that can power led lights for days. Mount it, add a switch, and plug in some strips mounted in different places on your bike.

Reactions: 01-7700

·
Registered
85 Posts
just saw this "survivalist " idea, solar lawn/driveway lights, portable, battery backup, can be carried like a lantern with no fire risk if power goes out, maybe it would work for you, no need to mod bike, no need for cords, self charging,

·
Registered
2021 Rebel 500
490 Posts
A blinking green LED driven by an Arduino or PIC microcontroller will work well. That is if you are a tech nerd. Power draw is minimal.

I did it before, and stuck it on the bottom of my jeep using a magnet. The flashing led worked for about 90 days on three AAA batteries.

I am working on a project using an accelerometer that will detect of my bike is moved, as well as blink an LED when I am parked.

·
Registered
2021 Rebel 500
490 Posts
I like the blinking red/green light idea - people will think it's an alarm system
If the LED blinks red, it is a good idea to make sure it stops when you are riding. :rolleyes:

I am still working out the scope of my project. It will do a lot more than blink an LED.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts