Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

So I was wearing new boots and..... I did not realize till it was too late...
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber

Any idea what is the original paint used so I could try and fix it properly? I understand it is a heat resistant paint but the color is not totally black, kind of metallic I would say, any help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Rebel 500 Black
945 Posts
Does anyone make a scratch guard you could fit over it?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
do your boots have metal buckles or something? can't imagine that happening. course i don't keep my feet all the way against the engine on either side

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was careless , wearing new boots during a long ride wasn't very smart from my side. Anyway I was thinking on sanding the area and repainting it with the proper paint. It would be great if I could get help with this. Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bleve i'd talk to a fiberglass repair place first for ideas, sanding may not be your best bet

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think on using those boots anymore for riding. So you think a cover of some kind or scratch guard to set over the area is a better idea than sanding and repainting?

·
Registered
160 Posts
sanding fiberglass is kinda problematic, painting too, so consulting the pro's can't hurt, I WOULD find some way to re "seal" the worn spot. and if you scratch it again , def find a protection for it

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cool, metal is much easier, it looks like the cover over my burgman cvt, so i thought it was glass

·
Registered
2021 Rebel 500
561 Posts
I wear harness boots. I scratched the frame a bit, on the right side. I used black finger nail polish to fix it.

In your case, it will be harder. You will have to consult the dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will ask them if they sell me paint to get it done great! If not, I will follow my guts and get a good heat resistant paint and give it a try.

·
Administrator
1,684 Posts
unlikely that anyone knows what paint this is - find a good dark gray that's close and get a can of metal flake clear coat in semi-gloss to put over it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, the color it is way darker than in the picture, I think every rebel 2017+ has the same engine color. VHT is not available but I will start looking into paint and coating at local stores and see what they have. I will also ask the dealership and see what they come up with.
Thank you all and I will keep you updated in case anyone needs something similar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts