Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still having some difficulty with the rebel seat. My tolerance is building, but I'm investigating alternatives and additions.

There's been discussions of the Airhawk seat pad here on the forum. But I haven't seen any discussion of padded underwear. I found this yesterday.,,Cruiser Skiveez:

https://motoskiveez.com/product/cruiser-skiveez/

A bit pricey, but I seem to have no choice but to spend money so I'm not in pain when I ride (and after). And what about a combination of Cruiser Skivees AND Airhawk seat pad? Personally, I can't stand the look of the Airhawk on the motorcycle.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just my opinion - You could probably have some extra foam added to your existing seat and be in the same price range (or even less) that you're looking at for the items you mentioned. There's also some replacement solo seats on ebay that are in the ballpark of 100 bucks, but I can't speak for the comfort/quality.

-CG

·
Registered
417 Posts
im planning a cross country trip next year and I'm going to do it all. already had memory foam added to my seat going to get some nice gell compression shorts and the airhawk. i may pass out from being so comfy. lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
For the price of the Skivees you could buy a memory foam pad that you didnt have to wash after every ride!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I took my seat to a local upholstery shop. He removed the cover and trimmed 1/2" to 3/4" of the original foam. It was very stiff stuff. We then added about 1 1/4" foam that was softer. Now the seat is much more comfortable and only 1/2" or so taller. It looks almost stock. The guy charged me $50 for the whole thing. Very happy with the results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts