Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Love these grips so far! Sadly, Honda loves us so much that they gave our bikes 1" handlebars which means your only option is the super cool guy chrome and flames option. 馃槀
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 2.56.09 PM.png
They get very toasty and I'll put money on these being the easiest heated grips to install. All in all installation took about 3 hours but they could easily be installed in under an hour if you don't dilly dally like I did! They connect directly in to the battery and have a "battery saver mode" that automatically shuts the unit off after 5 minutes of the motorcycle being turned off. I tested this feature out and it worked just fine. I routed the control unit cable through the front of the plastic bit under the front of the gas tank, then poked the two connectors for the actual grips through the opening for the throttle and clutch(?) cables (shown in pictures). I can post more pictures if anyone is wanting to instal these and do the same but it makes much more sense with the unit in hand.
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 2.57.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 2.56.47 PM.png

The superglue sent with the unit has already failed on the left handle, however, both sides hold on VERY snug so the glue failure wouldn't be a day-ender if you were mid ride. The right grip is noticeably warmer than the left grip but that could be due to holding the throttle grip harder than the left grip. My last note about these grips is they are MUCH bigger than the stock grips. I have laughably small hands (women's medium whoop whoop!) and I can barely touch my middle finger to my thumb while holding them. The rubber is super grippy and I haven't had any issues getting used to their size, it's just a bit of an adjustment.

Registered
I went relay and switched power, I trust that electronic gizmos more that way. I got that power from main switch harness- have to change connectors.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I went relay and switched power, I trust that electronic gizmos more that way. I got that power from main switch harness- have to change connectors.
I cant blame you there. If I had the electrical know-how I would have tried to do the same. I tested the battery saver last night by leaving the unit on high after riding and thankfully the bike started just fine this morning!

Registered
Love these grips so far! Sadly, Honda loves us so much that they gave our bikes 1" handlebars which means your only option is the super cool guy chrome and flames option. 馃槀
View attachment 31706
They get very toasty and I'll put money on these being the easiest heated grips to install. All in all installation took about 3 hours but they could easily be installed in under an hour if you don't dilly dally like I did! They connect directly in to the battery and have a "battery saver mode" that automatically shuts the unit off after 5 minutes of the motorcycle being turned off. I tested this feature out and it worked just fine. I routed the control unit cable through the front of the plastic bit under the front of the gas tank, then poked the two connectors for the actual grips through the opening for the throttle and clutch(?) cables (shown in pictures). I can post more pictures if anyone is wanting to instal these and do the same but it makes much more sense with the unit in hand.
View attachment 31707
View attachment 31708

The superglue sent with the unit has already failed on the left handle, however, both sides hold on VERY snug so the glue failure wouldn't be a day-ender if you were mid ride. The right grip is noticeably warmer than the left grip but that could be due to holding the throttle grip harder than the left grip. My last note about these grips is they are MUCH bigger than the stock grips. I have laughably small hands (women's medium whoop whoop!) and I can barely touch my middle finger to my thumb while holding them. The rubber is super grippy and I haven't had any issues getting used to their size, it's just a bit of an adjustment.
Which of the Oxford did you use? I got the touring model and it doesn't fit the grips

Registered
... My last note about these grips is they are MUCH bigger than the stock grips. I have laughably small hands (women's medium whoop whoop!) and I can barely touch my middle finger to my thumb while holding them...
Hi,

Am I asking too much for the outer measure? I know that the original ones have a diameter of 33mm. What is the diameter for the Oxford Hotgrips Premium Cruiser? I checked on the product web page but I couldn't find this information.
I'm concerned because I'm buying them for my wife and she has a small hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts